Audio and connectivity Problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jonnaz, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnaz

I have V 8.0.10116.583 of 3cx installed on a Windows 2008 server in a Public data centre.

In my office I have my PC with the 3CX VoIP phone and a Linksys ATA.

I have 1 main extension and 1 test extension set up on the server as 100 (main) and 101 (test) I also have a DID which is setup with the main extension.

At the moment if I call from the ATA (ext 100) to the soft phone (ext 101) the call connects as it should, but there is no audio between the PC and the phone.

If I call from the soft phone to the ATA the soft phone and 3cx look to connect but the phone on the ATA doesn't ring or seem to register the call.

if I use the DID to call the ATA (using my mobile phone) it's the same, but if I set the soft phone to ext 100 it rings no problem although there is audio from the soft phone to the mobile there is no audio from the mobile to the soft phone.
    This is the same for connecting to the VM, it looks to connect but there is no audio, although when connected via the DID the option to leave a message is perfectly clear, but I don't know if any of the test messages I have left were successful.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

"No audio" problems are most often a result of Ports being blocked at some point. When using this Public Data Centre, are you allowed to choose which ports are forwarded to 3CX? Is everything set to use STUN? Since any devices you use will be outside the 3CX LAN you have to make sure that if they are operating on the same "outside" LAN that they each have a different port number. A few things to start with...

3. Jonnaz

As far as I know the server is DMZ no forwards or blocks.

By different ports I'm not sure I understand what you mean, I am very new to all this and all the stuff I have done before has been on LAN not WAN.

Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This would only apply if you were trying to use two or more different devices on a single remote LAN behind a router. Each device should be set to use a different port. If , say, the public IP of the remote LAN were 123.456.789.110 then the address of one device would be the public IP + port 5060 (if that is the one you've chosen to use), the second device would have to have 5061 (as long as it is a different port) so that the router at the remote end knew where to send the info, this may require port forwarding at the remote end as well. Think of the public IP as the country/city/street and address of an apartment building and the port numbers as apartment numbers.

5. Jonnaz

Yeah I thought that was the case, I have the soft phone forwarded on port 5060 and the ATA forwarded on port 5061 in the office, but still no audio :(

I also still have the problem that the ATA doesn't look to be accepting inbound calls altho outbound works

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try to capture the 3CX logs showing the registration of each of the devices. Of course this requires someone at each end, one to capture the logs and one to restart the phones at the far end. The logs should show how 3Cx sees the devices. What sort of router/firewall is at the remote end, some don't "play" well with VoIP. If you can, you could try running the ATA with a public IP, connected directly to the internet, no router. If you get audio with no problem then you'll know that your problems have something to do with the router at that end. If the issues persist then you may have to start looking at the settings at the other end.

7. Jonnaz

In the office we have a linksys WAG54GS ADSL Router, with a Dynamic Public IP

This log is:

Phones connecting to 3CX, call from ext 101 to ext 100 (with no connection as it doesn't...), call from ext 100 to ext 101 connected and terminated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.