Audio and Video Conference Updates for the 3CX Clients

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bianca, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Windows and Android versions are now available for download. Mac and iOS builds will be following soon later during the day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bravad

Hi team,

1. The option to have the system call the participant at time of the call was heavily used, appreciated and seen as a differentiated feature of 3CX. It should be re incorporated.
    2. The creation of Conference, from O365 and outlook calendar, is a good way to move forward, while keeping it in the old way as well. As 3CX works this, a heavily demanded features, actually some user use Skype because we do not do it, is the ability to create recurring conference (voice and video)
    Please consider.

I already voted on the Idea Forum. Do you have an open mind for his ideas?

4. dezmocom

HI Leonidas

I had mentioned as well in a ticket that the Audio Conference's ability to call the the internal participants is heavily relied on for all of our customers ... not sure why this feature is being removed irrespective of the email integration to Gmail/Outlook/O365/iCal.

3CX should reconsider this option and keep before the release.

Thanks

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please read the blog post in more detail as it contains good news in regards to both points you've just mentioned.

There's some more time before SP3 is out. Before that happens, the requirements in regards to this feature may change, nothing is set in stone. This is something we'l consider internally before the final release of SP3.

6. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

How you add participants for ad-hoc audio conference. I've upgraded the WIndows client to 15.5.6989.2, cleared the browser cache and still don't see an option to add participants ?
    Windows client opens webclient and there is no such fields.

7. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

in call (on the 3CXPhone) press the Conf icon, a new (old) dialog opens where you can manage and add users to your conf. Note this was never part of the webclient but will be in SP3

#7 StefanW, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  8. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Upgrading your Windows Client has nothing to do with the WebClient.
    The WebClient comes bundled inside the Phonesystem, it's not a separate application.

Upgrading your Windows client with the latest update will have provided you the option to upgrade your calls to conference and add participants directly via the "Active Conferences" UI. Give it a spin. Make a call, from the Windows Client and press the "Conference" button during the call. This upgrades your call to a conference. Press it again to open the conference management UI where you can add more users.

For the WebClient Conferencing upgrades, you'l have to wait for SP3 which will be out soon. We can't provide an ETA for any service pack or update as not to get anyone's hopes up. Just wait for SP3.

9. wuyu

"Note that it will no longer automatically call participants in scheduled audio conferences – participants will be required to call the audio conference."

Hi Leo,

In SP1,
    1.When we use start meeting "Now". All the phone will ring, this really saves time.
    2.We could edit meeting add and del meeting participants quickly. Now we really lost them.

Please bring all SP1 Meeting way back. We really don't want to spend time to explain these to all the customers. Please don't change the customer's habit unless the design won't generate any learning cost.

sip.bg and Randall like this.
  10. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the suggestion, however just so that there's no confusion, the WebClient is managed by another team and not myself specifically. I'd suggest you open this under the Ideas section and upvote it.

11. Randall

Leonidas,

That functionality that wuyu mentioned is how the Windows 3CX client operated. Everyone is merely asking that the functionality be returned to SP1 functionality. It appears as though there are those w/ 3CX who don't actually remember what that functionality actually was.

End users could create instant OR scheduled, ad-hoc conferences by ext, email address (I think) or phone number only. AND just as important, 3CX PBX would make the callout to participants at the scheduled time (immediate or future). And finally, the PBX would send email invites to participants with email addresses. Anything short of that, whether web or client (Window, iPhone, Android) is a step back in functionality.

What I want to know is what has changed at 3CX? Has there been a management shift or change? I was really happy with recent changes in functionality (provisioning), but it feels as though 3CX is having an identity crisis. Click-2Call functionality was great, and that went away and never has been restored in spite of promises. Don't know whether anyone w/ 3CX is paying attention, but people are STILL asking for that back as late as November 2017. Now conference calling is being neutered. Whatever's going on over there is terribly unfortunate.

sip.bg, Brian Cross and manuel.ludwig like this.
  12. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been a huge fan of 3cx since version 12. The crap that has been happening now is making me consider other options on the market to sell.

sip.bg likes this.
  13. capsec

My customer for these reasons ask to me for others conference solutions: this is not good for us and for 3CX.....They ask for stability : I think that improvements would be to make life easier for users and not to force them to relearn how to use product, and accordingly spend other time for us to go back to explain how to use it. Who give us money for this time? We go back with no money and with an ungry customer for updates unnecessary at the moment. I would work to give more server to guarantee quality and bandwith especially in country where bandwith connections are low. These are my suggestions, thanks

sip.bg likes this.
  14. Alessandro Ferreira

please bring back the old way of including participants via web .....
    Not all my clients have accounts on google or another calendar.
    may even make it new, but please give us the old option too

sip.bg likes this.
  15. Jason Laffrey

I agree with everyone else, the automatic calling participants was the best feature, it starts to pale in comparison to other new solutions like Amazon Chime that calls participates automatically and has audio and web conference converged. Other key features like "mute all" participants should also be considered. I hope the 3CX audio and web conference solutions move forward instead of backwards.

sip.bg likes this.
  16. hnougher

I'm cancelling all rollout of SP2 until the conferences do not require logging into a webpage.
    Latest Windows softphones that I can find still need a useless web login; NOT HAPPENING.

sip.bg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.