• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Audio Announcemets (ads) while waiting in Queue

crystal6

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

our customers need possibility to play audio advertisements to their clients while they are on hold or in queue.
The option we use now is custom single pre-recorded file with music and announcements, and I believe you're agree, this is not the best way to do it.

Having possibility to upload new files (as well as manage them) and play every XX seconds randomly or according to order among to music on hold.

This will save huge amount of time for admin and Call Center Managers.

Thanks!

Reactions: Tomas Raska
Upvote 23
I really need 3CX to change MOH to allow for internet streaming as an option. I have several customers using on-hold ad campaigns that are fed via the internet (and vendor specific that are licensed properly). This keeps the customer from having to download and upload on a weekly basis new advertising.

Adding to this thread I believe in SP5 or SP6 3CX will allow for randomizing, something we used to have if I recall many versions ago

This is a feature we are wanting as well.
Random queue specific announcements, similar to queue position announcement.

hopefully, developers will hear the voice of people )

come on guys, we need this option )

I also vote Yes. We get this question a lot.

You can work around this by using the Queue Position Announcement by making a custom System Prompt and changing the first part of the 'Queue position' prompt to the Ad you want to run.
Then upload an empty audio file to the numbers used in the normal 'Queue position' prompt.
And then using this custom prompt on the Call center in question.

However this is a pretty bad work around since you lose the possibility to use both Ads and position announcements, you have to choose either one. Also configuring it is barely manageable.

I believe you can achieve this outcome by using Queue playlists now.
But in all their wisdom, 3CX decided they would force us to reinstall our systems from scratch to make the functionality work.

When a call is waiting in a queue.... from a SIP perspective, is that just a call between two extensions? I think it is. Therefore, in theory, you should be able to perform a barge-in (provided there are not any user security restrictions). It might, therefore, be possible to create a service using the call control API that periodically barges into the call, plays an audio, then drops out of the call.

As a caller I'd hate you for doing this. Not something we'd ever use, or like to see added.

Almost three years later, no official response and no reasonable workaround.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.