Audio Bleed Over?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vipers007, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipers007

We have a new client that implemented last week. They are experiencing audio problems on the system.

Basically the extension rings and the user picks up the phone using either a headset or the handset itself.
    The caller hears the person who answered the phone, but they also still hear the extension ringing in the background.
    Users have also said that they can sometimes hear what sounds like another conversation while they are on a call. Not clear enough to make out, but it's definitively some one talking.

It doesn't happen on every call, and it has not happened on every extension, but it is annoying for the caller obviously. If the caller hangs up and dials back in to the same extension, the ring echo is still there. If they call back and hit a different extension, the echo may or may not show up again.

Any pointers on where to look next would be appreciated.

I have checked and unchecked the "pbx delivers audio" with no difference.

Software:
    Windows 2008R2 (Virtualized; 4CPU, 20GB RAM)
    3CX version 11 SP3
    CBeyond 10MB converged Circuit with 48 active sip trunks.

Hardware:
    Grandstream 1450 with latest firmware.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may need to narrow down the type of calls that this happens to.

Is the issue always evident on external calls, both incoming and outgoing, or internal calls as well?

What about the hardware? Have you tried any other make of set/headset, or is there any other outbound/inbound route to test over?

3. vipers007

Only appears to any type of incoming call on the extension, external and internal.
    We have not tried a different model of phone, but we have tried different headsets and the problem still persists.
    They have no other routes to use for VOIP.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This probably eliminates your VoIp provider as an issue, since it happens on internal calls.

Now you need to eliminate the sets, it still could be something else, but, work one step at a time.

If you don't have another make of SIP set to test with, you could try using a PC/laptop running the 3CX phone.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It's a known issue and we are working with Grandstream to resolve it. It is a deskphone issue affecting all GXP14XX and GXP21XX. I will post as soon as we find a solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. vipers007

Thanks for the info. I will keep my eye on the forums for more information.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

We have confirmed that it applies to the GXP2200 as well and is NOT related to 3CX at all. I will post an update on this thread as soon as the solution is tested (Grandstream fw). It is random so it may take take to ensure that the fix actually works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.