Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Audio Code MP-118 and Auto Attendant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mtp3cx, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtp3cx

Hi,
    I'm using an Audio Codes MP-118. When you dial into the system I have the auto attendant pick up. However, before the auto attendant plays, you hear a beep. Does anyone know what this is?

2. mtp3cx

I have a shoretel VoIP system that the T1 hits first, then I have 8 analog lines going into it...

3. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

I didn't have a "beep" but dial-tone after the MP-118 picked up - for about 20 seconds, before the automated attendant picked up (using the 3CX recommended settings). Eventually I set the "Hotline" wait/delay from the default down to 0 - that took care of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Stuck101

Hello, I just setup an AudioCodes MP-114 (Firmware Version 5.20A.031.007) and we are experiencing this same very strange initial beep sound just before our main greeting is played on incoming calls. I have searched config settings & forums for days now to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to remove this annoying beep?

Although this AudioCodes gateway is way complex to setup, I have everything else (call disconnect, caller-ID, etc) working great with this gateway & the audio quality is superb!

Thanks in advance!
    :)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stuck101,

Which telecoms provider is this?

6. Stuck101

Thank you for your reply Keith!
    We have an Embarq PSTN line connected to the AudioCodes gateway.
    This strange beep only started to occur after I started using this Audiocodes gw, prior we were using a Grandstream GWX-4104 and never experienced this beep. I also have a Broadvoice VOIP line in use and have confirmed that this initial "beep" does not occur for incoming calls on this line.

Also, we are running 3CX Version 6.0.664.0

Thanks in advance!

7. Stuck101

Thanks for your reply Matt!

I just set the line up to ring directly to an extension, and the same exact loud beep sound occurred just before the mailbox greeting was announced. :|

8. Stuck101

Thanks Matt!

Just tried this, no beep was heard.

This has to be (or at least I think it has to be :lol: ) some sort of a signal tone being sent from the AudioCodes MP-114 FXO gateway to 3CX. As I mentioned, this loud beep never occurred with calls coming thru the Grandstream gateway.

9. Stuck101

Thanks Matt, that may be very helpful!

Since after several long days/nights of setting up the AudioCodes and finally getting everything else working perfectly, I am afraid to just re-upload a new config file, however, maybe I will locate something in your config different from mine which would appear related directly to this beep problem, or some type of signal being sent causing the problem.

Thanks again for your help all !

10. Stuck101

Sent you a PM Matt.

Thanks again for all your assistance! 8)

11. Stuck101

Thanks a bunch Matt !

I will re-upload the config & progress tone files, and test our system to see if the obnoxious beep is gone and report back. 8)

12. Stuck101

Re: Audio Code MP-114 and Auto Attendant

Hello Matt,

Thanks again for all your help!

Still unable to get rid of the obnoxious initial "BEEP" sound on incoming calls :evil: . I have tried every possible setting & looked thru every config file I can imagine to no avail ! If there is anyone with an idea as to where this beep sound is coming from please let me know. I believe it is coming directly from the Audiocodes gateway.

On a positive note, the gateway is releasing every call perfectly within two seconds of the party hanging up! Caller ID is also consistently being passed thru.

I have attached my AudioCodes Config file for your reference, hopefully it helps yourself & others with the inbound call line release issue!

13. Stuck101

Thanks Matt!

Actually, as you had mentioned, I was able to locate & upload the USA progress tones.dat file from the Audiocodes CD, made no difference in removing the "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP". I am burned out on the flippin beep issue for today..... :lol:
    Anyways, I am anxious to see if my config file helps with the line release on ended calls issue!

14. ntg

ntg

I'm considering adding the 3CX PBX to our PBX offering. Up until now, we exclusively use Asterisk based PBX solutions. Oddly enough, I have a similar issue with the AudioCodes MP-118. I have an install whereby 2 companies are sharing one Asterisk PBX w/2 MP-118 FXO gateways, one for each company. Gateway A autodials ext2050, Gateway B autodials ext2051. Inbound calls are set to ring the reception group for 2 rings, if not answer, "all phone" group for 2 rings, if not answer, play automated attendant. Problem is, after a few days of operation, both devices, on one of the POTS lines, answers the call with either a beep, or a continuous dtmf tone. The caller hears the beep or tone, the callee hears silence. The only thing that "fixes" it is a board reset on the MP-118, and then we are fine for another 2 - 4 days. Also, another client started exhibiting the same issue. They also have a MP-118. Per support, (I purchased these from voipsupply.com), I upgraded the firmware to 5.20A.040.004. The problem "appears" to have gone away on all but one of the MP-118s.

This beep / tone issue seems to coincide with when I started manipulating the disconnect supervision settings, trying to fix a "hang-up detection" issue.

I have 10 PBX's in production. This issue is only occurring with my MP-118 installs.

Has anyone cracked this beep / tone issues?

Brian Franklin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.