• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Audio cuts out after 5 min v15.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Burns

Reaction score
So we are having a problem with only 2 extensions. Whenever they answer a call from a queue, the phone audio will cut out after 5 min. The system still says you are connected . We can hear then, but they can't hear us. They are yealink t23g phones. The rest of the phones on the system are working properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes... this is the exact problem we are having on two different 3CX systems. For one 3CX the users are local and for the other it's happening to remote users only. Calls drop after 10-15 minutes and it still says connected. We contacted 3CX support and Mr. Thomas Delizisis was extremely rude and was refusing to help us. I was in a tight situation, I'm no VoIP expert therefore we pay for the extended support so in situations like these we get support from someone who knows more. He was basically just pushing all the load on me and refusing to help so now I'm just trying to figure out what's happening as 3CX support is extremely poor. Definitely not renewing support plans for all three of our 3CX licenses again.

We thought it was the firewall/switches but it now seems to be 3CX related rather than network related issue.Certainly something in the new v15.5 update that caused it.

Ditto, finding answers to what seem like extremely common problems are extremely hard to find. The amount of posts I have found on this is impressive and not a single solution.

So you guys are describing 3 different problems and then complaining you can't find solutions. You do either need to do the leg work yourself or pay someone to do it. 3CX support can be a little tough to deal with it but I'm not sure what you are comparing it to. The pricing for 3CX support is very good but they do have some very strict requirements that need to be followed before they will actually engage.

@Kevin Burns
For your situation, you've given very little detail other than you are on v15.5 and the phones are T23G. You would need to confirm the firmware versions are on the latest supported version and the stock template. Then I would recommend factory defaulting the phones to make sure they have a clean configuration from the current template. I assume you've tested other calling scenarios since you mention it happens from queue but please list what scenarios you have tested (such as extension to extension for longer than 5 min, DID from outside, etc). Account for any other variables as well such as maybe the folks having problems are using headsets. You can also try swapping the phones with other phones to see if the problem follows the extension or the phone. Once all the basics have been checked/confirmed, then you would need to run wireshark to see what is actually happening to cause the audio to go away.

https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/use-wireshark-to-capture-network-traffic/

https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/basic-troubleshooting/

These will point you in the right direction for that.

@crookedsysadmin

Your problems are different in both length of time, potentially endpoint location (as you mention one setup having problems locally and another with remote extensions. Kevin also mentioned calls from queues where as you don't mention queues at all. I do understand the aggravation with 3CX support but there requirements are pretty clear. It's not white-glove support by any means. 3CX recommends all partners offer their support first instead of 3CX support as generally the partners/resellers are in a better position to help as they likely know the environment better and have a local presence should hands-on be needed. But if you do rely on 3CX support realize that since they can't physically be there and are only supporting 3CX, most of the troubleshooting steps will have to be performed by you because of liability. That being said if you post your OWN thread detailing your issues and the steps you've done to troubleshoot, there might be some folks here that will lend a hand. But if you need NOW support then expect to pay NOW pricing which is not what 3CX support is priced at. You would want to reach out to a partner instead.

I am more complaining about the disorganization of information on this website. There should be a compilation of all of the problems that have been solved in one place that is sortable ( i know there are a lot but even a small list would go a long way). I have had issues happen that are similar to other users, and I believe there should be a FAQ for common problems. For example, those two links you posted. why are they not on the same page, or why doesn't the first one link to the second one? There should also be a single pdf document that has all of the information for the 3CX system in one place from installation through troubleshooting like any other product, instead of short webpages with see also at the bottom. Also the amount of threads that just end in a 3CX person saying I pmed you in very annoying. Was the problem solved? If so can someone post the solution? Its more frustrating than anything. We had a completely stable version of v14 running followed the installation instructions to a T, twice, and this system has just been riddled with errors.

I have reset everything to factory default, using reprovisioned using a stock template. The phones firmware is up to date and tested all of the cases. I do apologize for being frustrated, and I know you don't work for 3CX and are trying to help, but finding answers for 3CX is one of the hardest things to do.

Believe it or not, 3CX has made some serious progress in the 3 years or so we've been a partner, but they do have more work to do. Frustration is natural, it happens to all of us. But I tend to cherry pick forum threads. If I see a thread with everything laid out I'm more inclined to help than those with rants and incomplete information. But now that you've given more detail I definitely think a packet capture is in order and I'd be happy to take a look. My wireshark skills need work anyways.

This is just part of the VoIP industry. Other manufactorers are actually worse.

Try checking supports re-invite under sip trunk options, any change?

Hey guys, thanks for dealing with my frustration on this. @OCWI I enabled "support re-invites" Friday evening and so far everything seems to be working fine now, I did change the codecs to the less bandwidth intensive ones so maybe that helped as well. I also appreciate the offer @cobaltit. I did just start with 3cx this year. Had I started a couple years ago I imagine I probably wouldn't have this mindset now.

However, 3CX could literally do wonders to this site and their product by just organizing and making their DOC&FAQ a searchable list instead of the weird blog format they currently. You think the information would be sorted by version number and then a list of each 3CX management console page and documentation explaining what each button and features does. Its a basic user manual every product has. This is just me though, it may not be a general consensus, but it would definitely lower the amount of posts in this forum.

I am now experiencing poor voice quality that has a cracking and popping sound. This is happening to all phones, in and out of the queue's and during incoming and outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.