• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Audio delay on inbound calls from PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dweidler

Reaction score
I am using a grandstream gxw4104 PSTN gateway. When making outbound calls from voip to pstn, call quality is fine. Very responsive both directions. On inbound calls from the pstn to voip, there is a delay in the audio from when someone speaks to the other person hears of about 1-2 seconds. I have upgraded the firmware on my phones and gateways but still same problem. I can provide more info if needed. I am wondering if this is an issue with the gs gateway and if others have experienced simliar issues. I have a ticket open with gs as well but they are not much help.

Please make a wireshark capture (on PBX host) for the problematic call.
It will provide enough information to answer your question.

Thanks

i tried uploading the cap file but it said it exceeeded the size limit. is there another method to upload? ftp?

you can use yousendit.com and provide the link

dweidler said:
i tried uploading the cap file but it said it exceeeded the size limit. is there another method to upload? ftp?

You need to provide capture of call which has duration aprox. 20-30 seconds.
total traffic - less then half of megabyte. If you compess it using zip then it will almost nothing.
Do you plan to upload few megabytes? :)

No it is very small, only 369KB zipped. This is the message when uploading: The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.