Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Audio delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hood, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hood

Hi all.

We have a client that utilises a hosted 3CX system that we host for them. Call audio quality is very good, but there is an obvious delay in the audio.

You ask a question and there is a delay for them to respond, constantly talking over the top of each other etc.

If feels like a 0.5 - 1 second delay.

The site has a 3CX SBC running on a Windows 10 NUC, (only 14 handsets). Connectivity from the site is 100/40Mb. Ping times from the site to our hosted environment are very consistent between 30ms and 34ms. Our hosted environment has a 100/100Mb link, and runs on a very powerful Hyper-V cluster. Their PBX is a dedicate debian VM running v15.

Ping times from our hosted environment to the SIP provider are also about 30ms.

Are there any logs that I can investigate to get a feel for what might be causing the delay?

Also can someone clarify for me the path that the audio takes when using a 3CX SBC? My guess is it is Handset -> SBC -> PBX via tunnel -> SIP provider

Thanks in advance.

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi hood,

Do you have this delay on internal calls or on external calls? The audio delay also happen when calling the echo service? Please try to call the echo number (*777) and let us know?

3. hood

Thanks for the reply. I will get one of my engineers to test this when on site tomorrow.
    Unfortunately the site is 50km away.

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi hood,

Also, please note it is better to take logs on your system, that means Activity logs on your server and wireshark on both sides sbc and 3cx server at the same time when you replicate your issue. If you require any further information, let us know.

5. hood

Thanks for your assistance. I have some more information to add to this.

My engineer performed the echo test from the two sites for our client.

Both these sites have 100/40Mb connections, and use the same brand and spec NUC PCs running the 3CX SBC software (Both are sites on the same PBX hosted by us).

I did identify that both the NUC PCs that were meant to be identical have different Operating systems, one is Windows 7, the other Windows 10.

Our echo test findings revealed the following:
    SITE 1 (Windows 10 NUC SBC) has an obvious audio delay

SITE 2 (Windows 7 NUC SBC) has no obvious audio delay.

Thinking about this a bit more, we have had more issues with sites using these NUCs running Windows 10. Has anyone had any experience with Windows 10 devices? Any software or services that need to be disabled, or settings changed?

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi hood,

Both OS are supported, please check the hardware spec of Wind10. Here you can find our hardware requirements list .
    Also, please make sure both machines have as much as required ram, cpu, updates etc...

As I mentioned above it is the best way to check and isolate your issue.
    If you require any further information, let us know.

7. Sopock

Sopock Member

Check power plan? Option to test Debian version of SBC?
    SP5:
    • Fixed Tunnel Encryption SSL which was causing delays

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Which Win 10 version? Any additional firewalls, or have you tried disabling all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.