• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Audio don't work in 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.

abolinhas

Reaction score
Hi,

I install the latest version of 3cx phone on my htc legend (android 2.2), If i connect my account through wifi I can make calls and the audio work great, but if I change to 3G, I can make a call but when the other person answers the call I can't hear any thing on both sides

Through what mobile provider? With 3CX PBX or a VoIP provider?
If it is working through WiFi, I would first off suspect the provider (the mobile one).

Try upgrading to Android 2.3 (some 2.2 releases are blocking VoIP over 3G, still you need to allow it).
I had similar issues with Samsung Galaxy, now is OK.

Regards

@leejor
I don't have a 3CX PBX I use a Draytek IPPBX 2820 and my voip provaider is Optimus Portugal

@eagle2
Ok, I will try upgrade to 2.3

Through a vpn over 3g the audio work very well

This should be a NAT problem (losing your audio packets (RTP) with your 3G provider, if works fine with a tunnel).
Depends on your IP PBX to be able to handle the case.

Regards.

what is the rtp port range that 3cx for android use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.