• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Audio files not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjtx667

Reaction score
3CX Phone System Version3.1.2434.0

this is the error I get:

[MS007005] Call(20) Ext.100: Failed to open file "C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\..\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\8210986B-9412-497f-AD77-3A554F4A9BDB\record_your_message.mp3" to play on EP 0000001A@. 'silent' RTP stream will be sent.

If I look in :

"C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\8210986B-9412-497f-AD77-3A554F4A9BDB\record_your_message.mp3"

the file is there, but the error message has "bin\..\" which I am not sure why that is there.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Can you hear a sound when playing this file with Windows Media player? (on the same box where 3CX is)

How are the files encoded (mono/stereo, PCM, bitrate in khz and resolution in bit)?

I believe the recommended parameters are: PCM, 16bit @ 11khz, mono.

HTH

NMN

NMN said:
How are the files encoded (mono/stereo, PCM, bitrate in khz and resolution in bit)?

I believe the recommended parameters are: PCM, 16bit @ 11khz, mono.

HTH

NMN

No it is not correct. Recommended is 16bit@8kHz mono.

Anyway, it depends on DirectShow filters installed.
You may install "K-lite codec pack". It is a very good set of reliable DirectShow filters for different formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.