Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Audio issue on Sony Xperia Z3 compact

Discussion in 'Android' started by datamerge, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Hi All

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and I believe it to be incompatible with 3CX phone 14.

When I start up the app and call to or from the phone handset via 3CX, the call is successful and I have audio on the handset for about 15 seconds, then it stops. Outbound audio to the far end continues. Subsequent calls have no inbound audio at all until I kill the app and restart it.

Unfortunately I don't have another Android handset to test just now. However, my Iphone client works fine. I have tried in and out of the office with and without the bridge. I am certain it is not a SIP issue, but the actual audio in the phone.

Is there any debug mode, or log I can check to see if the phone is bombing out in the app?

Cheers

Mark

2. Chris_3CX

Chris_3CX Guest

Hi Mark,

Did you provision this device with a Welcome Email or manually?
    what is the current version of 3CX Phone App you are running?
    What Version of android are you running?
    If you are running a custom ROM have you tried to reverting back to the official ROM for this device.
    Have you tested or seen any difference if using the device on Wi-Fi or Data 3g/4g ?
    You can also go into "Settings" >> "Audio Options" on the 3CX phone App and make adjustments.

Do you have Verbose Logging Enabled? this can be found in the "Advanced Settings".
    Please find this Guide useful http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/debugging-3cxphone-android/

Kind Regards,

Chris

3. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Hi Chris

Sorry I never replied to this. I passed the phone on to my wife and upgraded to a new Xperia Z5. Program is awesome on this phone. Crystal clear audio on all calls.

Regards

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.