Audio issues over direct sip (remote extensions)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rmayer, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmayer

I have several hosted 3CX linux instances in OVH that I created using the express wizard, I've attached Yealink T42S phones to them over remote connection using direct SIP and have set different SIP ports and RTP ranges for each phone. But it seems that occasionally my clients still have issues with one way audio or no audio at all(even just calling each other) .. and the other day I had a client who only would have half their phones ring in the office(on ring groups) and would have audio issues on half the calls, and no audio if they transferred calls .. what is strange is they were working fine for months and then the issues started and got worse and worse to the point where I just ended up reformatting their server and restoring a backup, which fixed all issues for now. The other strange part is all my clients started complaining last week that this was happening a lot more .. so wondering if there was an update of some sort maybe recently? Any ideas on how to get this fixed and working cleanly?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @rmayer

Please make sure that SIP ALG is off on the firewall in front of the phones and that PBX delivers audio is enabled under extension settings.
    Are the phone running the latest supported firmware and default templates? How may phones are on the remote site?

3. rmayer

Sites vary from 2 - 10 extensions, all sites have SIP ALG turned off and PBX delivers audio is enabled. All phones are running latest firmware and templates. Firewalls very for each site .. some are Watchguard, Sonicwall, and some are the branded from Frontier At&t etc, in call cases all SIP features were disabled.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

by anything over 2 extension / phones place an SBC in the office. As you already "fight" with your firewall to map all the ports.
    The 3CX SBC removes this issues...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rmayer

I understand, but why would they all work great for a year and now they all have issues? Could OVH or 3CX have updated something that broke everything?

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can ensure you that it is not in your 3CX (unless you miss configured public / private IP addresses).
    Take a wireshakr Pcap from the server and the phones at the same time of a call and it will give you the clue whats not going right.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. rmayer

I'm starting to think that it's an OVH issue .. are there directions on how to do wireshark capture on Linux? I have a support ticket open with 3CX but have not gotten reply's yet.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you are running the latest version (15.5.3489.1) then you do a capture straight from the management console. Go to Dashboard / Activity log and click on Capture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.