Audio issues = Random 1 way audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Oliver_B, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oliver_B

Hi All

Have a question in regards to the some recent 1 way audio issues. It is very random and no pattern to the cause.

I have reviewed some of the settings and found some options I would like to understand.

1. PBX delivers audio? I see there are options for extension and at the SIP trunk level. Does setting this at the SIP trunk level override extension settings? I have captured Wireshark packets and found that all audio is passing through the 3CX server. So my educated guess is that the SIP level overides the setting found in extension settings?

2. Can codec types and incompatibilities cause 1 way audio issues? The idea of the PBX delivering audio would translate audio codecs to match desk phones yes?

3. Should this be enabled? I only have one client site with this option set off. I will be capturing through the switch to determine if disabling this option has allowed the desk phone to take control of audio. Does anyone have this configured and ever run into issues?

Any thoughts into recent audio issues or resolutions would be great.

Seen some recent posts but LLDP which was suggest to cause cannot be disabled on some switches. Can this really affect UDP ports?

Thanks all

2. Anthony Bento

We ar shaving similar issues. Would like to get some answers as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.