Audio output through headphones sounds modulated.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by atlantiatech, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atlantiatech

I am currently testing out different VoIP softphone clients and the 3CX client seems very well made and visually attractive.

I am experiencing one issue though. When I make a call through the softphone, the sound on my end through my headphones has a static, overmodulated sound to it.

I have confirmed the channel to my PBX (asterisk) is ulaw and I am currently using a recorded message on the PBX as my test sound file.

Other voip clients do not have this issue using the same setup/resources. I have a linksys 962 deskphone here that also doesn't show the same issue, it is only through the 3cx phone.

I recorded a test file that I can upload if need be, but the description above is fairly accurate.

Advice?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm taking a guess that it is probably an audio setting on your computer, or a headset issue. Have you tried any other headsets, or gone into the advanced audio settings to turn off features such as surround sound.

3. atlantiatech

I have tried multiple headsets, as my post states the audio issue only exists when using 3cx phone. Considering it's the only application and situation that does it I am pretty sure this isn't a windows or hardware issue but rather an application issue.

I can also safely rule out the PBX or codec configuration on the remote end. Per my original post I have inspected the channel during my test call (ulaw) and tested with hardware/other softphones.

I have a feeling this is a dead end for me and 3cx.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

As far as your information is not confirmed by other users then please provide us a capture of network traffic made using wireshark (on the PC where 3CX Phone is running). We will be glad to answer all your questions

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

But...have you tried running the 3CX phone, on another PC, at your location? If that doesn't have a problem, when using the original headset, then it puts the blame for the distortion on the original PC.

Others use the application without the problems you are experiencing, so it's a matter of determining what (part of the equation) is not working properly in your case. Easiest way is using the process of elimination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.