• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Audio Playback ON DEMAND?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaton

Reaction score
Hello,

We are running the commercial version - 9.15781 (SP 5a).

I have an odd requirement to play an audio file to the caller and then ask the customer if they understand and accept what they just heard. This entire call has to be recorded. And the customer must be able to stop and ask questions about what they are hearing.

We can make this work with without too much trouble (hardware solutions and software solutions available). But my question is: is it possible to have 3cx play back and Stop an audio prompt on command for instance by pressing *123. This would allow us to roll out a solution corporate wide much easier if I could embed the audio files into the phone system somehow.

On solution that I don’t think will work is transferring them to a digital receptionist because the customer must be 1) recorded the entire time 2) be able to stop and ask questions.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

beaton said:
But my question is: is it possible to have 3cx play back and Stop an audio prompt on command for instance by pressing *123. This would allow us to roll out a solution corporate wide much easier if I could embed the audio files into the phone system somehow.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for this. I would suspect that a stand alone hardware/software application (device) off of an extension is about the best you can hope for. But, someone else may have other ideas...

Thanks for your input leejor.

We are considering initiating a 3-way call with a digital receptionist that plays the recording....we just wish that it was possible to pause the recording...we can mimic play (i.e. press 1 to play legal message 1, press 2 to play legal message 2) and stop (press 0 to return to previous menu) but we can't figure out how to mimic the pause function....maybe we just tell the customer to hold all questions until the end of the message :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.