Audio Prompts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by peterbunn, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterbunn

Do you need to have an audio device on the server for the custom audio prompts to play?

I've added an audio prompt to a digital receptionist. And it doesn't play when I phone the number that has the digital receptionist on it. It's as though it can't play the file and then skips it, yet the 3cx ones will play. I have checked the server side and it seems that there is no audio devices installed (because there are no hardware audio devices on the server). Would this affect the prompts not playing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You don't need an Audio device on the Server for the Audio prompts to play.

It's possible that you're either using an audio file that the can't be played.
    Try downloading the K-Lite Codec pack install it and see what happens. You can get it off google.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. peterbunn

I tried that. I believe I've fixed it. The original file was an mp3, I converted it to a wav and it now seems to be working.. hmmmmmm.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If your Server lacks the proper codecs, it's normal that some Files that were converted with a special codec will not play.
    As i said, just installing the Codec Pack, all your problems should go away.

5. imerecom

What version should we install basic, standard or full dont want to add bloat..

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Basic usually does the Job, but i'd install the Full Version just to be 100% sure.
    It's just a few more extra megabytes of Codecs, and they don't add any sort of load to your system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.