AudioCodes MP-114 Integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After much head banging, I have configured the MP-114 FXO gateway for use with the 3CX phone system (I wish I had purchased one of the units described in the 3CX manual). I say it's configured because it shows two registered external lines. Unfortunately, I don't think I have it quite right because I can't dial out and was hoping someone could provide some insight. I am testing with the 3CX softphone. I am able to place calls between extension without issue. Here's the log from when I dial out:

15:37:36.171 Incoming c2 "Tim"<sip:100@192.168.0.128> <sip:06027433056@192.168.0.4> Incoming call (before routing)
    15:37:36.359 Found destination [#901 @PhxLines] for caller Ext:100
    15:37:36.359 Routed c2 "Tim"<sip:100@192.168.0.128> <sip:06027433056@192.168.0.4> From: Ext:100; To: [#901 @PhxLines]
    15:37:36.421 Calling c2 "Tim"<sip:100@192.168.0.128> <sip:06027433056@192.168.0.4> Send INVITE to [#901 @PhxLines]
    15:37:36.703 Failed c2 "Tim"<sip:100@192.168.0.128> <sip:06027433056@192.168.0.4> Call failed, reason: Not Found

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Server Account Register?

Can you receive Inbound calls from your cell phone?

Starting at the basics, the Gateway or credentials may not have been setup to connect to your provider.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Audiocodes

Hi,

Unfortunately the Audiocodes are quite complex to configure. Are you able to obtain support from the company you bought it from? Try contacting Audiocodes support just in case they will help you.

In addition, i suggest reading

http://www.3cx.com/blog/tag/troubleshooting/

This outlines the SIP call progress, and you would be able to find out at what stage the call is failing.

I saw your log entries, but i assume there should be more relating specifically to when a call is coming into the gateway.

Furthermore, when you receive a call with the gateway, do at least the lights on the device light up, i.e that it is recognising the call? Maybe check the log files on the device itself?

If you could send us screenshots of how you have configured your gateway and send us more detailed server status log entries we can try to see what is happening. You can mail to support at 3cx.com

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AudioCodes says you have to get support from the company you bought it from but the distributor is clueless. The gateway picks up any calls that come in but doesn't route them. I was trying to take it one step at a time and hadn't really gone after receiving calls. The log snippet is from an attempt to call out. I reviewed the "Analyzing a SIP call" document which is why I posted my log entries, I couldn't determine what was going wrong.

The thing that concerns me (most) is the reference to 901@PhxLines. That is the gateway name in 3CX. How does that name get resolved to an IP address in the conversation? It seems to me that this is where it's failing? My 3CX server is at 192.168.0.4 and the gateway is 192.168.0.201 (I'm the .128 entry).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have emailed screen shots of my AudioCodes and 3CX set up screens to support at 3cx.com. I also included a complete log from the 3CX server depicting the registration of the AudioCodes PSTN line, a 3CX soft phone and a failed call. You inferred the log wasn't complete but it's all there is (that's all I'm getting). I have also asked AudioCodes for assistance and pointed them to this link.

Thank you!

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Screen shots

Hi,

I reviewed the screenshots you sent.

First of all i noticed that you setup the lines as a VOIP provider, where as you must set them up as PSTN lines.

Secondly, i could not see the screenshot where you configure the inbound lines with the SIP user ID and password. I only saw one screen with one line.

Also i noticed that you change the internal number to be the same as the external number in 3CX. Its best to keep it different. I.e the external number is the real PSTN number and the internal number will be used as SIP ID on the device.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AudioCodes MP-114

I corrected my blunder with the gateway type and was able to finally register the PSTN lines with 3CX. After that I was able to place calls but they wouldn't release the line after hanging up. I found a parameter for that but now incoming calls experience a long delay from the time the gateway picks it up until the extension rings (several seconds with a dial tone and ring in between). Once you hang up either end the line is never released. I asked AudioCodes for assistance but they have not responded.

The configuration of this unit is way too complex for anyone not intimately familar with SIP and all it's variations. It looks like the AudioCodes unit can do anything but making it work with 3CX is near impossible (at least for me). I'm going to try and return it to where I bought it and buy one of the FXO gateways described in your manual.

I've chosen the ClipComm CG-410. The D-Link DVG-3004S has been discontinued and replaced by the DIV-140. It's a little cheaper than the ClipComm but I don't want to venture out on my own any more...

Thanks for your help to date.

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Audiocodes

Hi Artizan

Thanks for the update!

We're you using 3CX Phone for the calls? Because there is a confirmed bug where the call termination does not always work properly. We will be releasing a fix soon.

The clipcomm works well, but has been tuned for US dial tone settings. A gateway which I also recommend is the Grandstream GXP 410. Its also very inexpensive....

Let me know and we can try to work on it more. It seems you are nearly there. If returning the audiocodes prooves a problem lets try again at making it work.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was using the 3CX softphone. I see it disconnect for a second but it comes back and holds on. When you update the phone, can you make the bubble help for the buttons work with the language settings? The mouse-over text is always in German in the version I have (and "Rufumleitung" doesn't seem to translate).

I saw you recommended the Grandstream in another thread and for the price, I considered it. Unfortunately, without the set up documentation you provided in your manual, I avoided going that way. I don't have time for another dead end.

You may know more than you're letting on with AudioCodes. They are being pretty hard-nosed about a return. I already ordered the ClipComm unit.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No More AudioCodes

I received the ClipComm CG-410 FXO gateway today and had it configured and working in less than 15 minutes. I was still having trouble with the line disconnecting after hang up for both incoming and outgoing calls using the 3CX softphone. I downloaded and installed the X-Lite softphone and everything worked like a charm.

So when is version 3 of the PBX going to be released? Without IVR and voice mail it doesn't do enough.

You might consider removing the 3CX softphone from your site until you get it working better. It's very simple but has more problems than just hanging up. It doesn't reflect well on your other software and causes problems which might tempt less stubborn people to abandon your PBX.

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

3CX PHone

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, 3CX PHone is licensed from another company. We have received an update which we wil publish but we might also reconsider it.

In regards to beta 3 with auto attendant and voice mail, it should be done this week....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beta 3 Status

Can you give us an update on the status of beta 3?

13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

beta 3 this week

it should be done this week