Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

AudioCodes MP-114 mediapack outbound calls / Early media

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by edmills, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edmills

Hello,
    I'm trying to get the FXO port of an AudioCodes MP-114 working reliably for outbound calls in the USA with the 3CX software PBX. The problem is getting it to recognize when the called party has picked up the line. Right now it's trying to sense audio energy when the person says "hello", but that's not very reliable. I've also tried setting up a Patton SN4114 and a LinkSys SPA3000. Those work fine for outbound calls since they send "STATUS 200 OK" to initiate the RTP session immediately after dialing and don't appear to wait for any signaling from the CO. The user gets to listen to the line and figure it out for themself, which works fine.

My question is then, how do I configure the MP-114 to start the RTP stream immediately after dialing without waiting for the CO to signal that the called party has picked up? That is, can I get the MP-114 to send "STATUS 200 OK" and begin the RTP stream immediately after dialing without waiting for any other event?

I'm including the sequence used by each of the devices below for reference.

Thanks,
    Ed

-----------------------------------------

MP-114

INVITE
    STATUS 100 Trying
    STATUS 180 Ringing
    Called number dialed and starts to ring and gets picked up,
    but nothing happens at the SIP level
    Called party says "Hello"
    STATUS 200 OK
    RTP begins
    Off we go

----------------------------------------

Patton SN4114

INVITE
    STATUS 100 Trying
    Outbound digits are dialed
    STATUS 200 OK
    (I'm not sure if it gave the 200 right away or because it got some signaling from the PBX)
    RTP begins
    The called number begins to ring

----------------------------------------

Sipura SPA3000

INVITE
    STATUS 100 Trying
    STATUS 180 Ringing
    STATUS 200 OK
    Request ACK
    Dials
    RTP begins
    The called number begins to ring
    etc

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't used that particular device before, but it sounds odd that as a gateway it would wait before cutting the audio path through. If the cut through is based on audio then why would it not cut through at the first ringback tone or busy tone? I assume that there is no way to increase sensitivity?

Had a look at manual (page 224), according to that, you have only two options....

The answer supervision feature enables the FXO gateway to determine when a call is connected, by using one of the following methods:

Polarity Reversal: the gateway sends a 200 OK in response to an INVITE only when it receives a polarity reversal.

Voice Detection: the gateway sends a 200 OK in response to an INVITE only when it detects the start of speech (or ringback tone) from the Tel side.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I suggest using a 3CX supported gateway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. everingham

This post was long ago but I have just had the same issue and resolved by setting the Answer Supervision setting in Advanced Settings - FXO Settings to "No" Connection now occurs right away/

Bruce Everingham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.