audiocodes mp-118 connection delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cornisland9, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornisland9

When an outgoing call is made there is a delay until the remote party says hello or whatever .. In other words I can call my cell and answer the cell but until I accually say hello or whatever the connection is not made. It takes voice to initiate connection .. Just answering the 3cx side of things keeps ringing until hello is said.. I hope this makes since. Any help would be appricated. I am using 3cx version 5 and audiocodes mp-114 with setup via 3cx website..
    Thank you

2. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Hi,

several users have reported that (including myself).

I have been told by another user that he found a setting in the AudioCodes config file that CORRECTED that - but haven't been able to hear back from him what the specific option was.

Maybe he'll see your message and respond.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

What kind of phone lines do you have? I checked with the other user and both him and I have "centrex" lines. Your phone bill might call it something different - Verizon has a small business version they call "CustoPak". They have pushed those lines heavily because you get access to various advance calling features (such as CallerID, Anonymous Call Block, *69, etc.) without extra charge.

So we wonder if THAT may play a factor.

He thought he had found a solution - but it turned out to be intermittent. He has created Wireshark traces and AudioCodes system traces and sent them to their tech support - but they just claim "it's the network". Of course, if he switches the unit to a Grandstream, then the symptom does NOT appear. So, clearly it's some "condition" that CAN be handled by a gateway.

Facit: No solution at this time and AudioCodes support may not be qualified enough to really figure this one out (I had to figure out all of my problems with THEIR input as well - most of them simple settings that a novice like me had to find first but THEY should have known instantly...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.