Audiocodes Tech support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nateb, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nateb

Its a sad day, when something as simple as hanging up a call can't be fixed.
    We are using a Audiocodes MP 118 FXO. I have called and gotten tech support direct from audiocodes. I've paid for support from 3rd parties supporting audiocodes.
    No one cane seem to fix the disconnect issue. The voice quality is great with audio codes. But their Service is terrible. I just our fxo to hang up when a user from the pstn hangs up, is that too much to ask?
    The grandstream fxo does it just fine. The problem is , grandstream voice quality is crap, compared to audiocodes fxo.

Why does the voip transition have to be so hard???
    We are a reseller, and we can't even get a system working well?? That makes no sense.
    Hey, on the plus side, BLF works pretty well now with the grandstream phones.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Yes, unfortunately this is a problem with Audiocodes. Its probably a problem with the tones. THis URL might help

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

Then there is always Patton. We have found their support to be very good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidjeastiii

we had the same problem, after snooping around in the gateway's configuration quite a bit I found what seems like a successful solution. In the initial setup of the gateway you enable polarity reversal and current disconnect (both methods of determining that a call has ended) in the tel profile settings page under the profile definitions tab. I found that both options are also listed in the disconnect and answer supervision section of the general parameters page under the advanced parameters tab. I enabled both again there, as well as enabling disconnect call on silence detection (silence detection period of 120 seconds using voice/energy detectors as the silence detection method) as a backup. This seems to have worked, but we are still in the testing phase using just a few phones, so if the problem is intermittent (which it didnt seem like it was) then it still might resurface. We are planning the actual implementation of the phone system tomorrow, so will find out if it works for sure soon enough. Give it a try though (if you havent already), it seems to be working for us so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.