Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Audit trail of configuration changes

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by brendan.helsham, Apr 19, 2016.

Audit trail of configuration changes 4.8 5 13votes
4.8/5, 13 votes

1. brendan.helsham

I would like the ability to enable some sort of audit trail of configuration changes made to the 3CX system. The sort of information that I would like to be able to report on is the admin account (or extension) that made the change, what the source IP address of the change was, what was changed (old setting and new setting).

Cheers
    -Brendan

two likes this.
  2. cel

cel

This is a feature I would like to see as well in the 3CX PBX, it would be a specially important if the end-customer will have system rights.

3. two

two

Totally agree. When multiple people have rights needed to make admin changes and something happens we need a way to verify who did it to eliminate finger pointing and possible further issues.

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

The 3CX Call Control API has "events" you can monitor to detect when a configuration change has been made. In the 3CX sample API application it says "show all notifications about changes made in PBX configuration". It seems likely that you could capture who, when, and what was changed in a log. If you need it now, we can help: www.VoIPTools.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ernest Libiran

What is the name of the API?