• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Aussie in London needs help with 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek66

Reaction score
Have a small home office in Aus - use softphone on laptop at home alright - got to London connected to internet, but not able to connect 3cx at all- tried to ping our static ip which is used for our 3cx without success.

When I try and connect to the softphone on my laptop it will not register on the network, but it did fine, repeatedly on our LAN at home.

This is a bit of a problem becasue we had been expecting to use it for our contact, any clues

If you are attempting to connect through a hotel (or other) hotspot, then that may be the problem. They may have certain ports, or VoIP blocked altogether. You may also want to make sure you are using a port other than 5060 or 5061, as those may be in use on the network you are on. I have found that using the tunnel feature, has worked for me, in some instances, when I could not get a registration otherwise. Of course, you have to have this feature enabled in 3CX.

I was just over there and had success at Starbucks (no tunnel). For 5 pounds you get a coffee card and free WiFi once you register the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.