Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Aussie in London needs help with 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Derek66, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek66

Have a small home office in Aus - use softphone on laptop at home alright - got to London connected to internet, but not able to connect 3cx at all- tried to ping our static ip which is used for our 3cx without success.

When I try and connect to the softphone on my laptop it will not register on the network, but it did fine, repeatedly on our LAN at home.

This is a bit of a problem becasue we had been expecting to use it for our contact, any clues

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

See below

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are attempting to connect through a hotel (or other) hotspot, then that may be the problem. They may have certain ports, or VoIP blocked altogether. You may also want to make sure you are using a port other than 5060 or 5061, as those may be in use on the network you are on. I have found that using the tunnel feature, has worked for me, in some instances, when I could not get a registration otherwise. Of course, you have to have this feature enabled in 3CX.

I was just over there and had success at Starbucks (no tunnel). For 5 pounds you get a coffee card and free WiFi once you register the card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.