Australia 3CX Sounds

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by VoiceStudio, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoiceStudio

Hi,

we have released a new version of the Australian 3CX prompts to replace the U.S. accent. You can use coupon code '3CX' for a 10% discount until the end of October. http://voicestudio.com.au/australian-soundsets/3cx-pbx-australian-sounds/prod_5.html It is easy to update your prompts, simply extract the ZIP file to

[PBX PATH]\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets
    eg.
    C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets

This should create 2 directories, one with the default sounds the other called AUSOUNDS

Now log into your 3CX Web Interface, Select "System Prompts" from the main menu.
    You can now select " .- Australian Sound Prompts -. " from the Current Prompts Sets.

2. mickp

Cool. How about a demo then?

Mick.

3. Discovery Technology

Interested in a demo as well - nice one...

What does the "Company or Name for License" mean as a product option?

Cheers, Brendan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VoiceStudio

Hi Again,

Thankyou for your intrest, the License details field was for resellers who purchase on behalf of a 3rd party. We have now updated the reseller system so this is no longer required. A short demo has been put together for the 3CX sounds. A 7 day satisfaction guarantee is also an option if you are not happy with the sounds.

http://voicestudio.com.au/australian-soundsets/3cx-pbx-australian-sounds/prod_5.html

5. mickp

Hey there,

Thanks for putting up the demo. Sounds good. Do you have any policy re: maintenance? e.g. If 3cx changes the system to require different/additional prompts next week for some feature such as an improved conference room, do you have access to the same voice talent and will you provide updates for a period for free?

Along the same lines... do you provide custom recordings and if so what are your rates?

Regards,

Mick.

6. mickp

Also; Do you say pound or hash? Nobody in the office understands what this pound business is all about.

Mick.

7. Discovery Technology

they use hash - you can hear it in the demo.

Sounds professional, and definitely saves you time...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mickp

Yay!!!1!

I'm pretty sure I'm the first to purchase... Unfortunately there are some problems with the file that I donwloaded. All of the files are in .wav format but it appears that the conference server (and possibly other parts of the system) requires it's audio files to be in .mp3 format. Connecting to the conference number produced silence. I've confirmed that this was the problem by converting each of the files which are in .mp3 format in the original 3cx message folder. The conference room then worked just fine.

Sadly audition appears to have done a pretty crappy aliasy phasey job of converting the mp3 files, perhaps due to it having only improved mp3pro support. :( I'll still need an update to make the mp3 files acceptable. The trick is probably to do the conversion from the original 44k samples I guess.

On a more positive note, the voice talent is excellent. Perhaps a tad Aussie diphthong in parts for my taste but I'm positive that the punters will love it. 175% improvement on the 3cx provided prompts. On the limited testing that i've done so far I've found that the pbx has become a far calmer affair. I hadn't realised how grating the supplied sounds are. My Pshyche thanks you.

One further quibble is that the recording for the voice mail options says "to delete all reed messages press four". Could you provide an update for this?

Mick.

9. Discovery Technology

We've purchased the Aussie sound prompts as well and the conference function seemed to work for us without having to convert the WAV files to MP3...

Did you do a full restart of all the services before you tested it the first time? We did notice a bit of quirkiness with the conferenccing server in the beginning but it seems to have settled down now.

10. mickp

Yes. I did a full restart. All that I got was silence where the conference room greeting etc should have been. The original .wav files are still in place but aren't being used (you can tell by the quality of my mp3 conversion as mentioned above). Putting mp3 versions in place (as they are in the original 3cx sounds) makes them work.

Mick.

11. Discovery Technology

Looks like they have posted an updated wav file for the read messages - we just received an email notification from them to replace the OPTMNU file - worth checking out their site if you didn't receive it yourself.

I would assume that they have included it in the bundled zip version of all the sound prompts.

It would be interesting to see if this is compatible with the next version of 3CX (v7) though - I wonder if the sound prompts are going to change much between the versions?

12. mickp

Yes, they sent the updated file to me. We also had them record a couple of IVR menus for us. Absolutely awesome service. We've received nothing but compliments on how professional the new system sounds. Because it's the same voice talent as for the rest of the system sounds it's seamless. A1++++

I've also worked out the quality issues with my mp3 conversions for the conference room. It was something stupid I was doing in audition. No joy with the original .wav files tho. I'm not sure why they worked for others but not for me. Perhaps some differences with installed codecs? I think they would do well to include both in any case.

Mick.

13. VoiceStudio

Hi There,

VoiceStudio have released a new package of the 3CX prompts to cover Version 7. There seems to be only 1 new prompt for the set, but the installation is a little different. Step-By-Step is available at http://www.voicestudio.com.au/3CX_Version7.html. We have included the mp3 versions of the Australian prompts to make installation a little easier, so you dont have to fiddle with SetInfo.xml file (now seems to be stored in the 3CX configuration database). We still recommend changing to the WAV verison if possible, the mp3 seems to have a small delay as it reads and decodes the MP3 prior to playing. 3CX V7 seems to read prompts on startup, so you may need to restart or reboot after completing the installation. All customers have been emailed a download link if they require the update, if you did not receive the email please email sales.

Thankyou for your continued support.

Kind Regards,
    VoiceStudio Sales.

14. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Can you confirm that there is now a prompt in the voicemail for option 9 selections?
    Currently there is no option for 3 - it should be something like "to call another number press 3"

All the current options when you press 9 start from option 4, but if you press 3 it then says "enter number then press hash"

Could you also let me know what it would cost to create a New Zealand 3CX prompt package?

15. VoiceStudio

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, it is very much appreciated in keeping our set up to date. We have made another release fixing some MP3 encoding issues and a re-record of the OPTMNU with all options as was pointed out. Customers have been emailed the download location for the prompts. We dont have a NZ artist available so cannot offer a quote on getting the NZ version completed.

Kind Regards,
    - VoiceStudio Sales
    http://www.voicestudio.com.au

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We would like to encourage anyone who would like to make prompts for 3CX in different languages.

If you need ANY HELP please contact me and I will assist you in any way I can.

The prompts that are always updated with every feature that comes out are the Standard American Prompts. So when you create your own prompts always work on the basis of the standard american prompts. *the default set that comes with the system.

All components can play and type of file - mp3 or wav , no problem. If it is not playing wav files check the machine because probably you need to create an association with wav. To explain myself better for example, a standard installation of windows server 2008 or SBS wil not play mp3's untill you

1) Create an association for mp3 or
    2) Add the feature cakked Desktop Experience. (DesktExper includes media player and its codecs.)

Of course mp3's are better because they are smaller - so they keep the prompts compact and backups do not become cumbersome.

When you are making your own prompts always keep in mind the following:

Always modify the file called setinfo.xml. This file is eventually imported to the database. So when you change an extension of a prompt for example, always update setinfo.xml. Otherwise the prompt will not work.

Try to keep the same sample and bit rate as the standard american prompts.

There may be some changes in the prompts for 7.1. If you would like to be informed of the changes so you can modify the prompts please let me know and I will send you any updates Ill have.

Thanks

17. VoiceStudio

Thankyou for the feedback. Initially we were unsure of the mp3 versions of prompts and changed to wav. It sounded like 3CX would decode the entire mp3 and play it having a small delay, whereas a WAV would play immediately. Maybe they are cached now.

It looks like in the most recent version prompt location is now DRIVE:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Ivr\Prompts. New instructions are being distributed at the moment. We are also checking prompts for updates which will be release early next week. Emails will be sent directly to customers.

We have also made 100 Royalty Free tracks available for download for free (not your usual classical either). These are great for music on hold.

Free Music On Hold : http://voicestudio.com.au/on-hold/100-royalty-free-tracks-for-free-0-00/prod_13.html

Regards,
    - VoiceStudio

18. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

IVR caches files since v6. mp3, wav, avi, ape, apl, mpg, mpeg and any other which can be rendered as audio stream. All cached files are processed independently of type, so there are no any differences between mp3 and wav files except "trailer" and "footer" in mp3. WAV files may be 3 samples long, but mp3 format has "granularity" (means you cannot "graduate" length of mp3 stream as well as almost all other "compressed" types. Length of resulting audio stream will be round to ~0.5s)
    There are few additional hints:
    1. limit of maximal "length" of one file is ~5min by default. Controlled by MSMAXCACHEDFILESIZE parameter - size in bytes.1min=1024*1024 bytes.
    2. limit for total cache size (sum of "length" of cached files) - default ~60 min. Controlled by MSMAXTOTALCACHESIZE parameter - size in bytes. 1 min=1024*1024
    3. All files which don't fit this limitation are rendered by request (amount of resources which are required by "rendering" procedure depends on file format, wav is rendered almost instantly)
    4. Prompts are cached from directory specified by "IVRPROMPTPATH" parameter.
    5. Current prompt set is laying in subfolder of "IVRPROMPTPATH" and specified by ACPRMSET.
    6. Any changes which is done using Object model immediatelly rendered by PBX (IVR, media server, parking orbit, conference place and so on)
    7. Any "direct" changes of database is not supported by PBX since v7.0.

Thanks a lot for your support
    P.S. May I get a copy of your prompt set? The default one is good, but if you hear it 100 times per day it become slightly annoying. I will use your copy only for testing purposes and will not distribute it in any manner. I swear. Thanks :)

19. Discovery Technology

Nice job on the 100 Royalty Free tracks...

20. VoiceStudio

Version 8 Prompts Now Available

Hi All,

VoiceStudio have finally completed the Version 8 prompt set and it is now available for download. Existing customers should have received an email with details, please email sales@voicestudio.com.au if you have not yet received anything. Prompts have been updated, added and our production methods changed for better telephony results.

The file now contains Pre Version 7, Version 7 and Version 8 files within the single archive. Follow the instructions for your version.

http://voicestudio.com.au/australian-soundsets/3cx-pbx-australian-sounds/prod_5.html

Kind Regards,
    - VoiceStudio Sales

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.