Authenication Failed

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cmilne, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmilne

Hello,
    I've installed the server and client, then disabled the firewall on both computers. An extension has been added also, 100. When I try to connect to the server from the client app using headphones, I get the AUtheication Failed. On the server it says bad credentials, so I haven't been able to register the extension yet. Here are the ports on the client that i'm using, sip=5060, first rtp=7000, last rtp=7499 and tapi=4300. Thanks for your help.

2. asfuture

asfuture New Member

check once again your extension and pin on your VoIPclient, and also if In office profile is set

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. arpa

On 3cxVoIPClient you must use the extension number an PIN number of Voicemail, (and not the authentication password).

4. asfuture

asfuture New Member

thats what i mean trough pin and not password... thanks a lot cmilne for your completation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dk1ri

Tnx for this hint (fallen into this trap as well)

Works on one computer now, but not, for the 3cxclient on the comuputer where the server is.
    The message is "connecting"
    There is also no line in the serverlog.

Xlite client has no problem to connect
    (xlite is switched off, when triying the 3cxclien :)) )

Any suggestions on this ??

Guenter

6. asfuture

asfuture New Member

wich versions of client and 3cx do you use??? thats is also very important.

7. dk1ri

downloaded and installed the software on friday.
    It is a vista system.

8. rockinthesixstring

I too am experiencing where the 3CX VoIP Client just sits at "Connecting".

Is there a guide of all the Firewall ports that need to be open...
    for the client
    for the server

Is there a guide of all the Ports that need to be forwarded thru the router.

I can't seem to get the client to communicate with the server, nor can I get the the server to communicate with the outside world.

9. tobin

I have noticed that when you enter a new extension in the free version of 3cx server, you must let 3cx determine the extension number (sequentially starting at 100 if set to 3 digits) or a pin/password will be entered for you that is unknown and apparently can't be changed. When you allow 3cx to determine the extension number for you, it automatically enters the same pin/password. (extension 100 = pin/password 100, extension 101 = pin/password 101, etc)

10. darrellchapman

I will post this as a completely separate post however wanted to inform you of this.

The new 3CX Client (v6) is attempting to authenticate using the authentication ID and password stored in 3CX server and not the voicemail PIN as expected. Try entering your authentication password on the clients that are not working and see if that makes a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.