Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Authentication AKA-MD5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by anjalicg2001, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anjalicg2001

Hi,
    I am trying to setup the 3cx sip server work with mobile clients which use aka-md5 v1/v2. Is it possible to make the 3cx server use different authentication algorithms for each client. Also, since the sip client uses aka, is there a provision to configure parameters ?
    I am using a trail version now.
    Thanks and Regards,

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not quite sure I follow you on this one. Could you elaborate as to which SIP client? I do not believe the feature you seek is available on the 3CX system. The AKA function is a feature utilized in UMTS systems for two-way authentication. I think it likely that some form of a media gateway or possibly a SBC supporting IMS is needed. The authentication aspect is at a different level or layer, if you like, as you would need to get authentication prior to getting to the PBX in this case.

I am aware that there are a number of SIP clients that support this, but I am not aware that the 3CX softphone is one; hence the reason for the question regarding which client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.