Authentication AKA-MD5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by anjalicg2001, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anjalicg2001

Hi,
    I am trying to setup the 3cx sip server work with mobile clients which use aka-md5 v1/v2. Is it possible to make the 3cx server use different authentication algorithms for each client. Also, since the sip client uses aka, is there a provision to configure parameters ?
    I am using a trail version now.
    Thanks and Regards,

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not quite sure I follow you on this one. Could you elaborate as to which SIP client? I do not believe the feature you seek is available on the 3CX system. The AKA function is a feature utilized in UMTS systems for two-way authentication. I think it likely that some form of a media gateway or possibly a SBC supporting IMS is needed. The authentication aspect is at a different level or layer, if you like, as you would need to get authentication prior to getting to the PBX in this case.

I am aware that there are a number of SIP clients that support this, but I am not aware that the 3CX softphone is one; hence the reason for the question regarding which client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.