• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Authentication Failed & Blacklist Re: VOIP Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKroll

Reaction score
I use a telephone call center for calls that my people cannot handle internally due to high call volume or after hour calls. I have 3CX set up to transfer calls on a number of rings and/or time of day to the outside service. I have the service set up in my system as a VOIP provider. The service is working very well for us, except that I keep getting errors that allude to a failure in authentication. The thing I don't understand is that it appears to be coming from MY side not theirs. I have been using 3CX for years, but I have to admit that I am not that good at reading (and understanding) the logs.

Here is a sample of the black list error I am receiving:
The IP 12.xxx.xxx.105 has been blacklisted for 0 sec. Reason: Too many failed authentications!

Here is a sample of the server log error I am getting:
11:52:27.752 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.1.99:5060 tid=-3da2eb-f0c466ee-414bb52e cseq=REGISTER [email protected]:5060 / 40588 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

The second error is stating extension settings, but I have the service set up as a "voip provider", and registration is not required:

I had to set the blacklist time to "0 seconds" so that I can keep the connection online, but I definitely want to solve this once and for all.

Regards,
BoB

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,058
RobertKroll said:
The IP 12.xxx.xxx.105 has been blacklisted for 0 sec. Reason: Too many failed authentications!

Did you confirm that this IP is your VoIP provider?

RobertKroll said:
contact=269xxxxxx3@192.168.1.99:5060

Why so many digits in this? Does that make sense to you?

The IP IS definitely my provider. The number you see there is the DID on their end so that the calls route properly through their system.

3CX may be thinking that they are trying to send a Direct SIP call, and blocking it. Just a guess. Is their IP datafilled in the trunk profile?

leejor said:
3CX may be thinking that they are trying to send a Direct SIP call, and blocking it. Just a guess. Is their IP datafilled in the trunk profile?

Not sure I know what to look for here?

-Bob

What device has IP (and port) 192.168.1.99:5060 ? Is that 3CX?

leejor said:
What device has IP (and port) 192.168.1.99:5060 ? Is that 3CX?

Yes.

I haven't seen that before. Someone else here may have. It almost looks like 3CX is trying to register that extension to itself. If I had to make a guess, I would say that one of your settings for the DID or trunk is incorrect.

RobertKroll said:
11:52:27.752 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.1.99:5060 tid=-3da2eb-f0c466ee-414bb52e cseq=REGISTER [email protected]:5060 / 40588 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

This message appears only in case if somebody try to register itself on PBX and authentication was not successful

It is obvious that Voip provider does not send REGISTER request to PBX.

So, it is very weird case and the review of network traffic is required to detect the real reasons. (wireshark capture of the network traffic which will show REGISTER request which triggers "blacklisting")

SY said:
RobertKroll said:

This message appears only in case if somebody try to register itself on PBX and authentication was not successful

It is obvious that Voip provider does not send REGISTER request to PBX.

So, it is very weird case and the review of network traffic is required to detect the real reasons. (wireshark capture of the network traffic which will show REGISTER request which triggers "blacklisting")

Oh boy...That may take me a bit, since I don't know what wire shark is.

RobertKroll said:

It's a monitoring tool, run on a PC, to capture LAN traffic. http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

RobertKroll said:

It may help to investigate the service you mentioned in your initial post:
RobertKroll said:
I have 3CX set up to transfer calls on a number of rings and/or time of day to the outside service. I have the service set up in my system as a VOIP provider. The service is working very well for us, except that I keep getting errors that allude to a failure in authentication.

Sorry, but information is not enough. There are requests which are counted as a "failure in authentication" (they are counted correctly. It is for sure) and they are coming from the service. If we will be able to find the reason then we will find the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.