• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Authentication ID in callerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB1

Reaction score
Hi all,

3CX V12

At the moment incoming and outgoing callerID's contain the Authentication ID of the account. Is there anyway of deleting the Auth ID from callerID and only have the telephone number showing?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
Yes you can do that through your extension properties, going Extensions / select extension and modify / Other / Oubound Caller ID, in this field input your preferred caller ID.
That being said please verify with your voip provider that this caller ID will be allowed.

Hi,

Thank you.

I've tried entering "OriginatorCallerID" in the Outbound Caller ID field of the extension. When I receive an incoming call the 3CXPhone only shows the Authentication ID and not the Caller ID. Any ideas?

What type of incoming trunks are you using? I know that on a PSTN gateway, if no CID information is received (either not sent, or settings are wrong in the gateway to collect it and pass on), you will sometimes get the trunk number as the CID.

Hi Leejor,

It's strange because one of my phones (basic wireless) will display the caller ID and then Authentication ID below it, but for the same call instance the 3CXPhone (Iphone) will just display the Authentication ID.

If you set the SIP Field ... 'From: User Part' to Variable ... ' "OutboundCallerId" Outbound caller Id taken from extension settings in management console' - then the outbound caller ID will be determined by the number that you put into the 'Outbound Caller ID' field on the 'Other' tab of each extension's configuration editing page. I use this when outbound calls need to show different DDI numbers for each extension making the outbound call.

--
mixif

Have you looked at the 3CX logs to see what is actually coming from your provider? I'm assuming that you are using a VoIP provider given that you are attempting to change outgoing CID.

Does you provider send name display, is the Authentication ID appearing where the name normally would?

What provider are you using? Perhaps others, using the same provider, have some "tweaks' to straighten this out.

You've mentioned that devices that receive the calls, but no details about the trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.