Authentication Problem - Samsung Officeserv SOHO

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Munkfishmonger, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Munkfishmonger

I have been trying to set up the 3cx PBX with a Samsung Officeserv SOHO telephone system. The 3cx software appears to be set up correctly, and is working and registering with an Android handset. However, when I try and register the Samsung phone, it comes up with the following error:

18:11:06.028 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.1.9:5060 tid=-449949dd-f6c889ab-fd54834 cseq=REGISTER contact=01865980***@192.168.1.4:5060 / 22 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

The Samsung SOHO is set up as follows:

Proxy Server: 192.168.1.9
    Domain/Realm: 192.168.1.9
    SIP Port (cannot change): 5060

The phone number / contact, user and password fields are the same as on the server.

I have checked and double-checked, and the password / username are the same on both the device and the server. Is there anyone who has successfully configured this phone, or can spot where I might be going wrong - i.e. does the URI cause problems. I have noticed that the Samsung adds :5060 automatically at the end, and this cannot be changed.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Munkfishmonger

Re: Authentication Problem - Samsumg Officeserv SOHO

As an addition, I have tried a range of passwords and user ids, simple and complicated, and nothing has worked.

3. Munkfishmonger

I have managed to find the solution - hopefully it will be of some use to anyone with the issue in the future:

The SOHO requires at least a 4 digit entrance under the phone number line. This is actually your username, which also needs to be entered into user id. The password can be anything. Therefore, on 3cx, at least a 4 digit extension number needs to be enabled - the phone will then connect fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.