Auto-Answer issue

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ian.watts, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Trying to nail down a situation.
    v12.5 SP2.

An extension has a Yealink W52P, a Yealink T28P with a wireless headset, and the app in CTI.
    Calls made to the main line's group.. or dials to her extension.. auto-answer.
    However.. that only happens when the app is open and in CTI.

If I flip it to softphone mode.. calls ring out to voicemail.. rings on all three.
    If I exit the app.. calls ring out on both physicals.

Doesnt' seem to matter how a call is delivered (DID, group, external, internal, unpark).. they auto-answer. Doesn't "start out" that way from the beginning of the day.. which is how it's .. different..
    Uninstalled the app and killed programdata before installing. That was yesterday.. worked fine until she reported mid-morning.

So.. I slapped down some wireshark but don't see a whole lot.
    INVITE ->
    100 Trying
    180 Ringing
    200 OK
    Those three came from the T28P with that headset all under 1s. She's off to a meeting, I'm remotely connected to her PC and called from my home office. I hear goings on in the office.

Aside.. is there any guidance to cap some CTI activity? It'd be nice to know where things go for that. I do know that the connection doesn't have to be direct from PC to handset.. I used to CTI my handset at the office from home.. no VPN.

Last.. I now our own v14 has an Advanced settnig in the app for auto-answer.. but they aren't there yet.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am assuming that the 3CXPhone is in CTI mode with the T28.

The first thing I would check is obviously if the "Auto-answer" function is on on the softphone (I didn't understand if you checked that yet or not). IF that is not the case, I would make sure that the option "I want to be able to accept more than 1 calls at the same time" for that extension is disabled, as per the manual this is not to be enabled in conjunction with CTI, and from personal experience I can tell you that it can cause calls to become auto-answered.

In regards to how CTI works, assuming that the 3CXPhone is in CTI mode with the T28 and that both the 3CXPhone and the T28 are on the same network, what happens is that initially the 3CXPhone connects through the Presence connection to the Phone System and gets the phones IP address, then sends the CTI commands directly to the phone if I am not mistaken, so in order to see the CTI commands the 3CXPhone app sends, you should run a capture on the PC running the 3CXPhone app and filter the traffic with the phones IP address.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Yeah, I was thinking of breaking that down if I must, to see what interactions may be going on.. but was looking for guidance for those who may have trodden there before. :)

While auto-answer is an obvious setting in 14.. I didn't see it in 12.5. Where is that option in 12.5? I will try to wade through the settings when I can on their own PC, we here run 14.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In V12.5 on the 3CXPhone app, I believe the auto-answer option was on the main screens under the DND button.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Indeed, it is "hiding" under the DnD button. Not clear if that option was set at the time or not.. will try to find out on the next time.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.