Auto Attendant Delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello....

I am currently experiencing a problem with my Auto Attendant / Digital Receptionist. When someone calls into the system, 3CX picks up the call (as shown in the log file) but then there is a 3 to 5 second delay before the digital recptionist starts to play the WAV file.?

If I restart the IVR service, it seems to shorten the delay signifigantly, however that doesn't last long as I will have to restart it again before the business day is over.

Any clues or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Brian
    http://www.jaydien.com

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be a range of things mate,

When you restart you say it is considerably better, so it is possible not your 3cx config (would not rule it out though) here are some pointers (you might know them already).

- QoS as time goes on you network (in particular switches and network cards) might get congested by trying to retransmit "lost" packages. You might have a"dodgy" network card or driver, perhaps even the cabling.
    - Proxy/cache 3cx runs on apache so I am not sure if the mediaserver actually makes use of proxy/cache could be but not sure. So everytime your IVR plays it might try to resolve the proxy first before giving up and than going for the media file.
    - Memory (good old memory) do you know if your system memory hogs? Especially 3CX i have not looked at it but it might be the case.
    - Log files, every message/error is logged by 3CX it does not look like there is any maximum for the logging but the files can get very big (my biggest so far is 4.5GB (kid you not)) it might be that it takes 3CX longer to find the EOF to write the new line as the files get bigger. Perhaps they are taking the memory. You got the SPA400 and we did some "tricks" to make that work so I will not be surprised if the logs fill up. The logs is something that 3CX has to fix in my opinion they should not be allowed to get that big but that is just my opinion.

I think your issue might be a performance degradation especially if your performance decreases as the day goes on.

Hope this helps.

Henk.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the insight.

I think it may be a memory issue because after reading your last post, I checked the Task Manager and the MSSQLSvr.exe task was hogging over a Gig of memory. I restarted the service and the prompt started playing without a delay again. Before I was restarting 3CX services to solve the issue and this time I didn't touch any of those services.

So I think I may have stumbled on root of the problem I guess.

Does 3CX use a MYSQL backend or will it use the full SQL Server it it is already installed on the machine?

Brian
    http://www.jaydien.com

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Brian

In response to your question - it uses Postgres, not microsoft SQL server neither MySQL. The name of the service escapes me now, but its description is 3CX Database server...

Well double check the issue mentioned in this post