Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Auto Attendant menu straight to voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyh, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyh

I need a way to allow a caller to go directly to a user's voicemail by prompting for the extension from an ivr menu. For example:

IVR says:
    To dial an extension, press 1 (This may take them to another child ivr menu which allows them to dial the extension)
    To leave a voicemail for an extension, press 2 (Child ivr menu which prompts for extension and goes directly to voicemail.)

Does anyone know a way to do this? Creating menu options for each extension is not an option (too many users).

Thanks.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Pretty much everyone knows that if you dial an extension and nobody answers that you will get voicemail so I am not sure why you would need a separate IVR menu to tell people they can leave a voicemail unless you have a situation where callers don't really need to talk to people. If the latter is actually the case, there is no other means to implement what you are asking for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wsiwpg

I have to agree with the initial post. It is used quite a bit.
    I am sure you have heard: Mr. X is in a meeting right now. Would you like me to put you through to his voicemail?
    As a caller I do not want to wait until the phone has rung for 60 secs. I want to go there right now and the secretary wants to put me through. Many systems have this built in.

I suggest you set up EX 101 and the 201 to go directly to voicemail 101. 102 with extension 202 and so on.

While we are at "features I would like to see as I am used to them from others"

1. How do I notify exytension 225 that a message was left in extension 101. ( 101 is main mailbox and 225 is secretary that checks the mailboxes)
    ( unless it exists and you need a FULL Enterprise version to get access to it. )
    2. How can I get a notification to my mobile that message has been received in my mailbox. (emergency)
    ( unless it exists and you need a FULL Enterprise version to get access to it. )

4. jharrell

*4 in front of the extension number will dial the voicemail directly. This works for a live receptionist scenario and in our Polycom microbrowser pages we made for 3cx we have two choices one transfers to extenstion, one transfer to VM of extension using the http api with the *4 technique.

Unfortunately the *4 command is not honored by the digital receptionist, so while you can dial an extension number in and digital receptionist prompt, if you try and dial *4[extension number] the digital reception says something like no "no such command" and hangs up.

5. jharrell

Also you may know this, but it wasn't clear from the first post. You can make a menu such as press 1 to choose an extension by just making a digital receptionist with no choices and a prompt that says "Please dial the extension now". This is because in any 3cx digital receptionist menu you can dial an extension and it will connect, there seems to be no way to turn off this behavior.

Again this won't work with the *4 voicemail technique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.