Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Auto Attendant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by msp, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msp

msp

I recorded a voice prompt for the auto attendant feature using MS sound recorder and the format save was set to PCM, 8KHZ, 16 bit Mono.
    When the recording is played back through the auto attendant, the sound quality is poor (ie crackly) . If played back by using a mediplayer or other sound players, it has good clear sound quality. Does anyone know what is causing this issue in sound quality.

regards kelvin

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello

strange,

maybe try to reinstall codec, like klite mega pack codec...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jetcityjules

We are having the exact same issue. I re-installed the codecs and it didnt' make any difference. Any suggestions, we sould like we have speech impediments and that is not good for business.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please provide at least brief description of environment...
    1. hardware specification
    2. software specification
    3. typical load of your server

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. msp

msp

After a lot of time in investigating this issue, We have discvered that it is due to the incompatibility of PC sound card codec and the ulaw codec in the IP phones. There is a very good example on the cisco website of this very same issue. The difference in the cisco example, it is demonstrating the effects of alaw to ulaw coding. what you hear in the example is what we are hearing in the auto attendant recording.

I have found a work around for this problem.

Remember that were these wav files are stored is different for each operating system type. The examples below are for MS XP Pro

1. Record your DR announcement using the vmail greeting message recording option.

2. Using file explorer go to C:documents and settings/all users/applications data/3cx/data/ivr/voicemail/data/"extension number" copy file savevmgreeting.wav file

3. Paste it into C:documents and settings/all users/applications data/3cx/data/ivr/prompts,

4. Rename the file to something like "DR announcement.wav"

5. Open the 3cx management for the digital receptionist form and add the "DR announcement. wav" file into the DR.

6 Go back to the vmail greeting recording option and re-record you greeting message.

Now you will have a good quality DR recording.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Jetcityjules and Kelvin

Are you using the same phone?

Thanks

7. Jetcityjules

We don't have SIP phones. I'm using 3cx client, or my cell phone to dial in and listen. My clients have standard telephones. We are recording the vm via headsets and windows sound recorder.

Hardware:
    Processor: 1.86GHz e6320
    Ram: 2 GB
    Drive 1: None
    Drive 2: 320GB

I'm using OS of Windows 2003 Server. The load on our server is pretty light. We are a small company, have a dedicated hosted server, perhaps 6 users using it daily. We had the same issue when we had it on a dedicated phone server that ONLY had the 3cx on it. Our call volumn is not that high, perhaps 10 calls per hour.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

So, it should be very easy to replicate the problem using following procedure (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    The procedure is:
    1. Install 3CX PBX(version?)
    2. Install 3CX VoIP phone(version?)
    3. dial special menu using 3CX VoIP phone and record personal prompt

Is it enough to replicate problem?

Thanks
    P.S. It would be good if Kelvin will provide further instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.