Auto Attendent Setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by whitewhite, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitewhite

Hi,
    Please lead me to any directions so that I can try to setup auto attendent and test in my 3CX system - demo version. I am planning to set:-
    1. incoming call from SKYPE to digital receiption (cannot find the prompt message, there are only three options available on the setup page: empty.wav, onhold.wav, responseordering.xml)
    2. After digital reception, caller can type the extension no from his phone then system will direct his call to that extension accordingly.

Sorry, I am new on VOIP setting and request experts to lead the way.

Many thanks

2. willow

willow Member

you will need to create a new digital receptionist. if you are using v10 there should be a prompt to record a new greeting. if you have a current greeting already you will need to make sure it is in the proper format. the system automatically knows the extension numbers and if you dial it when the digital receptionist is playing it wil transfer the call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. whitewhite

Hi Willow,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using V10 SP2-DEMO version. When I click the "Add Digital Reception", it direct me to "Edit Digital Reception" where the system need me to choose a file from repository. However, I only found three options: empty.wav, onhold.wav, responseordering.xml. I couldn't find a way to record new greeting or use default greeting. Please advise.

Also, in case I need to create own greeting, shall I need any special software for record. And what format shall I need.

Also, can system recongise the input from the caller if they are calling through SKYPE CONNECT?

Many thanks

4. willow

willow Member

is there a little phone with a red dot next to the add button? this is what you can press to record the greetings. alot of people will leave a message for someone and have it emailed to them. you can then change the name on the email to what ever you want and add it as the message for the digital receptionist. you do not need special software to record a message but it does need to saved as

16 bit, mono, 8KHZ, PCM

yes they should be able to dial through the skype connect and the digital receptionist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.