Auto Dial Feature - Hyperlink to Call Number

Discussion in 'Windows' started by X100, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X100

Hi there,

Quick question, is it possible to set up hyperlinks in HTML pages that when clicked will send the phone number to the 3CX phone to dial?

We have a custom made app that with our old phone system we could copy & paste the number across. Now, with the 3CX phone the operators need to type in the number every time.

Thanks for any advice.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Yes this is possible,

You could setup a link on a webpage for say "Call Sales"
    have the word "call Sales" Link to

http://<pbx_ip>:5484/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=<ext_num>&pin=<ext_pin>&to=<destination_number>

<PBX_IP> replace this with the IP Address of your 3CX Server
    <ext_num> Enter The Extension number of the sales department (Example 10)
    <ext_pin> Enter the Extension Pin Number
    <destination_number> this is the number to be called from 3CX (The Customer)

Two Options

Option 1. - embed the full url with the destination number so that when that link is called, it will ring the pre-defined number each time

Option 2 - create a webpage so that people can visit and enter the destination number to call, soon as they enter the number and click call, it will then ring your 3CX phone and when you answer it will connect the call to the destination number

I have created a webpage already for this;

goto http://www.3cx-phone-system.co.uk/contact.php

You will see a box at the bottom "Request Call Back" this is connected to our Live 3CX system and when someone enters a phone number it will make our phones ring and then dial the persons number

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. X100

Thank you so much for that!

I needed to change it slightly as I'm using the built in web server. I the port number is different and also I needed an aditional folder in the path ("\ivr\PbxAPI.aspx" rather than just "PbcAPI.aspx".)

Interestingly, the PIN number is grayed out (as I don't want these extensions to have Voicemail) however you can still click the button to un-obscure the field and the PIN still works for the MakeCall feature.

Thanks again, your post really helped me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.