Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Auto disconnect silent calls?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by almiller1963, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almiller1963

Does 3CX automaticall disconnect if nothing is said on a call for some amount of time. I have been on at least 2 calls where I stepped away and came back and was disconnected. The other folks on the bridge line tell me the bridge did not drop but non one was speaking for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Internal calls or going through an analogue ATA?

3. almiller1963

Thank you for responding, I am adding my config to my tagline so folks don't think I'm rude :p

I have a Grandstream 4104 which has a timeout for silent lines - Silence Timeout(X1s). I adjusted this and havent seen the issue since.

Thank you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most, if not all ATA's have settings to end the calls after a certain amount of silent time or if they detect certain tones (fast busy , etc.). so that you don't tie up the PSTN lines once a call is dropped.

5. almiller1963

That makes perfect sense except when you are on a bridge call at 2am and have to keep dialing back in because the line was silent for 2 minutes. Once I saw the setting I kicked myself. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.