Auto disconnect silent calls?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by almiller1963, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almiller1963

Does 3CX automaticall disconnect if nothing is said on a call for some amount of time. I have been on at least 2 calls where I stepped away and came back and was disconnected. The other folks on the bridge line tell me the bridge did not drop but non one was speaking for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Internal calls or going through an analogue ATA?

3. almiller1963

Thank you for responding, I am adding my config to my tagline so folks don't think I'm rude :p

I have a Grandstream 4104 which has a timeout for silent lines - Silence Timeout(X1s). I adjusted this and havent seen the issue since.

Thank you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most, if not all ATA's have settings to end the calls after a certain amount of silent time or if they detect certain tones (fast busy , etc.). so that you don't tie up the PSTN lines once a call is dropped.

5. almiller1963

That makes perfect sense except when you are on a bridge call at 2am and have to keep dialing back in because the line was silent for 2 minutes. Once I saw the setting I kicked myself. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.