• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

auto greeting then ringing for line sent to

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalOne

Reaction score
Not exactly sure how to phrase the Subject but here is what I need the system to do.

We have just installed version 9 Free edition for testing, we will not use 10 as it requires silverlight and that app has been banned from the corporate network.

Incoming Call > Greeting > send to ext/Auto Attendant.

Call comes in, system auto answers with a greeting message, like Hello thank you for Calling ABC, please wait while we forward your call to our Singapore office etc. Now the call is forwarded to whatever extension etc it is supposed to go to.

We need this for several reasons, one of the main reasons is wrong number calls and Telemarketers etc. This greeting will automatically tell the caller if they dialed the wrong number and so on without us having to pick up the phone. Another issue is that we have some lines which are emergency only contact numbers and these numbers get called in the middle of the night where they terminate while people are sleeping. We do not mind these people being awakened for a real emergency, but for wrong numbers that's another story.

I have tried to find reference in the manual and here on the forums but cannot see where this is possible. Am I missing something or is this not possible in 3cx?

You would first send the caller to an automated receptionist that you have created. From there, you can set up a greeting and there are various options to route the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.