Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

auto log into vocie mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aftermarket, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aftermarket

hi

running the cisco 7940 phones and now when i press the messages button it connects to vocie mail on number 121. every time it does this it asks me input my pin is there anyway to get the phone to do this for me?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aftermarket

hi thanks for that i have now upgraded but how do you enable auto logging in of the voice mail?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is there not an option that has to be set for each extension that doesn't want to have to input a PIN?

5. mbaltus

In the 3CX Management site go to Settings -> Advanced and select the Custom Parameters Tab

Edit the VMPINREQUIRED option and set it to 0. After this the pin code is no longer required to be entered (note, in my case it was the top-most option mentioned).

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would have thought that this would have been a per-extension option as some users may wish to continue to use a PIN.

7. mbaltus

We hardly use the voicemail option, so a general setting would be just fine. But I can imagine that this could be set on a per extension basis. Although some companies may want to enforce using the pin from a security point of view.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I agree that the default (just as it is) should be the requirement to enter your PIN. There are some extensions, softphones, executives with locked offices, a common phone serving more than one person, etc., where the individual doesn't feel that a PIN is necessary. On those extensions only, the ones that request it,you should have the ability to turn it off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.