• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Auto-provision stopped working, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbass

Reaction score
Brand new 3CX v11 install on Server 2008 R2. Originally auto-provision was work for both iPhones running the 3CX app as well as 3CXPhone for Windows. I then continued working on the setup by configuring my VoIP provider (Callcentric). During the VoIP provider configuration (and firewall changes) I noticed that Comcast Business Class is blocking SIP on port 5060. So I changed the SIP port in 3CX and my firewall. Callcentric and 3CX are working perfectly for two-way audio on inbound and outbound calls. However, in the midst of configuring all of this I've noticed that auto-provisioning of 3CXPhone for Windows and 3CXPhone for iPhone have ceased working. I can choose to autoprovision either device, it claims it's sent off the provisioning request to the administrator, but when I look in the 3CX console there are no new phone devices that show up. I've tried manually provisioning a device and that doesn't appear to work either (it just sits on registering). Not sure what to look for here. I know that port 5000 is listening because the management console is working. I've checked the AppPool which original wasn't started for some reason. I've tried rebooting the box, restarting all services, etc. Not sure what else to check. Is it possible that changing the SIP port would break auto-provisioning like this or is something else wrong?

BTW, while I'm on the topic of phone provisioning. How the heck does one enroll two devices to the same extension? When provisioning was working, I enrolled a 3CXPhone for Windows and tied it to an extension. I assumed I'd be able to enroll an iPhone and tie it to the same extension and allow them to ring simultanously. When I tried to assign the iPhone to the existing extension, it didn't throw any errors, but it also didn't do anything. It just sat there still unregistered. The only workaround I found for now was to set the iPhone as a mobile telephone number on the extension and set the rules to route inbound calls to that extension to the mobile phone if busy. I'd rather not do it this way because it means I'm bridging PSTN for all outbound calls rather than just using SIP/3cxTunnel. I did see a few forum posts from prior 3CX versions that seemed to indicate that you could assign the iPhone to an existing provisioned extension by filling in the same ID, password, extension number, name, etc. but that didn't work either. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Shawn

Hi Shawn
In regard to the second part of your post ... Provisioning is based on MAC number - so 3CX won't allow you to input two MAC numbers in the same 'Provisioning' address slot on the extension set up page ... If you want to provision your second [iPhone] device, then set up a separate extension and provision the phone from that. Then as you suggested [I think] - enter the second extension number as the 'mobile' number in the first extension's configuration, and also select that extension's 'Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time' setting.

That will make both extensions/devices ring when a call is placed to the primary extension ...

If you want to clone your primary extension on your iPhone - this is easy and works - but it must be set up manually! ... Follow these instructions to manually configure the extension ... http://www.3cx.com/blog/3cxphone/iphone/configuring/

I hope that's helpful ...

Did you take a look at the ip black list and assure those softphones trying to register havent been blcklisted. You r saying Comcast is blocking port 5060... How so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.