Auto Provisioning not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sabrehagen, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrehagen

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the following guide to set up my iPhone with my server: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/voip-iphone/

I press auto provision on the iPhone, the request shows in the server Phones window, I assign the extension to an EXISTING extension, and then nothing happens. The request stays in bold, and nothing is assigned. I try the same but assigning to a new extension. The new extension gets created, but the phone doesn't get assigned to the extension.

Can somebody help me with this? It seems like what I am doing should work, but it doesn't. It feels a bit like a bug, but the error is probably on my part.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This is now working, however, it was not clear how it started working. I think I opened the iPhone app, and then the phone tried to connect, and it succeeded. I may have manually entered in the settings too, which previously didn't let it connect, but after the provision request this might have worked. The bold auto provision entry in phones changed to a non bolded entry after the phone tried to register. Is this the way things are meant to happen? There seemed to be no feedback to say that the extension had been assigned when I tried assigning the request to an existing extension, making the user experience confusing. I'm afraid to clear the phone's settings and try this again to prove that it was in fact what caused it to work, because it was so much trouble to get the phone connected!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have had this happen as well with unexplained reasons that it started working again...
    Sometimes the iPhone wouldn't show in the Phones Window until I restarted the services...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.