Auto reconnect when leaving and reentering WIFI area?

Discussion in 'Android' started by kai-t, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kai-t

Hi,

first of all i want to thank all the developers and helpers for this great VOIP software for android. I think it is the only one really working!!

Now i have a question / problem:
    I am working at a company with many WIFI access points. Everhing works greate, but sometimes when you walk in the building, e.g. to the toilett :) you loose your WIFI connection. When i enter the WIFI area 5 minutes later i must open 3cx, go into the settings, open one setting, go back and save so that 3cx makes a reconnect.

I tried every setting if the software can try the reconnect on its self every 5 minutes for example but did not find a setting for this.

Can you help me? Is there such a setting? If not, is it possible to implement something like that?

Best regards
    Stefan

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In most cases i've found that some Android Devices themselves don't reconnect to a Wifi Network unless the user Manually does it.
    Are you sure that when you re-enter the wifi area that your WIFI is re-connected correctly?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kai-t

Yes i am sure, but the problem is gone.
    Seems that there were network issues just the day i installed 3CX Phone. Today everything is fine and reconnect works.

Thanks very much for the fast response and the greate VOIP software!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.