Auto-record calls?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dsummer, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsummer

Hi, is there a way to have 3CXPhone automatically record inbound and outbound calls?

I've recently moved from Express Talk to 3CXPhone and the transition has been smooth. The only thing I miss is the auto-record feature in Express Talk. I would just have it record every call and then weed through the recordings to delete the nonessential ones.

I'm of course grateful that 3CXPhone even has call recording as so many clients don't have it. Thanks and happy holidays.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't Auto-Record all incoming calls with the 3CXPhone, although you can record any call you want by pressing the record button on the bottom of the 3CXPhone at any given moment.

Just to remind you that the 3CX PBX does provide an Auto-Record option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dsummer

Thank you for the quick reply, Leonidas. That's a minor letdown but I'll just have to get used to pushing the record button when I need to. I use 3CXPhone with various SIP providers for personal calling, so probably don't need a PBX. Actually, I'm not even sure what one is! :)

4. dsummer

3CXPhone 5.0.14900.0

I just discovered that my last three recordings were not saved. Yes, it was due to not having 'Record as local files' checked. These were important calls! :x

When I pushed the record button, the letter R appeared on front which should indicate that recording is active. But this is false! So why wasn't there an error message stating that the call was not being saved on any medium? In addition, this Record setting is buried inside the Calls section, under Recorded. It really should be in Preferences. Further, at the very least, the option should be enabled by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.