• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Auto-renewed SSL Certificate from Godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptown1

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
My FQDN certificate has been auto-renewed GoDaddy. According to https://www.3cx.com/docs/self-hosted-instances-ssh/ I need to replace the .pem files and restart the NGINX service.

I downloaded the cert from GoDaddy using "Other" server type however I only see the standard .crt files. How do I generate the .pem files to replace the current files?

Seems there is another step involved that I'm missing.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
I did and it looked hopeful but this is for a new installation/upgrade and not a existing setup.
There must be a step to create the .pem files from the .crt files.

upload_2018-1-9_15-40-51.png

Hello @uptown1

You will either need to re-install the system by performing a backup without licence and FQDN. Then save the backup to a non 3CX location. Un-install the system and re-install using the backup and the new certificate or convert your .pem certificate using open ssl and use the output of that to replace the current certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.