Autoanswer for internal calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jeffw, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffw

I see that there has been some noise on this subject in the forums, but it seems the issue is still unresolved so I would like to ask the question again: Is there a way to enable auto answer for internal calls using Yealink T38g with the current version of 3CX?

If the answer is no, has anyone achieved a viable workaround?

Sorry if I sound terse--it's been a long day and thanks in advance for any help.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

it is not a function of 3CX but rather that of the endpoint (t38). 3CX merely sends a signal to the endpoint and the endpoint is configured whether to answer or not. the t38 is not capable of discriminating to the extent that it can auto-answer some types of calls and not others.

3. Jeffw

Thanks for the quick response. Does anybody know of a handset that WILL allow for internal autoanswer that also works with 3CX?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many VoIP sets have the ability to auto answer, for pages. While there may be some that can also be set to auto answer all calls, differentiating between inside and outside calls would probably, though not necessarily, be done by Caller ID, or Caller ID length. Ring-tone type, could also be used. Finding a set, might pose a problem.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I use a number of different phone models - Cisco, Yealink, Panasonic, Grandstream, Aastra, Polycom and I do not recall having seen any that have such a feature.

I assume that if an internal only scenario, you could just simply use *9 before dialing the extension number of interest - *9101 )page extension 101) will page and some phones may have the option to turn on the remote audio so that instead of it being a one way page, it functions as an intercom.

For the t38, look in the phone web interface and go to features and look for Intercom and set to enabled for intercom, disable for mute, enabled for warning tone, and then enabled for barge if you want to be able to interrupt an already in progress call that the extension may be on, or disabled if you do not want to "barge-in".

Let us know if this works for you

6. Jeffw

Thanks Ineblett--we have already done that and out intercom is functioning hands free, but perhaps I should have started from the beginning . . . what I am actually trying to accomplish is to have DSS buttons that function as intercoms and BLFs. It would seem that this is not possible as mentioned here:

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1425&page=2
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/combine-blf-and-intercom-auto-answer-37142.html

So the internal autoanswer would just be a way to achieve the same functionality; we could then program a BLF button as normal but set the phones to autoanswer internally.

If anyone has any suggestions on possible options, I'm all ears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.