Autoattendant Takes a long time to kick-in

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andykeen, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andykeen

Hi All.

We have setup as a trial the 3xc system on windows and all is working fine with the exception of the auto-attendant.

We have recorded our own message -in Wav format at the PCM, 8KHZ, 16BIT MONO format however when the phone line is answered the auto-attendant can take upto 10 - 15 seconds to answer / kick-in.

In addition when pressing the appropriate keys - i.e. 1 for sales - sometimes the key is not recognised by the system and you have to press it 2 or 3 times.

Are these issues down to a machine performance issue, timing issue or 'setting somewhere' ? - the machine is a 2.93ghz Dual Core system with 4gb memory running SBS2003 - We set it up on SBS2003 as this was all we had spare and while it is used as a server (only as a test machine), I have noticed the same performace issue if the server is not being used at all.

Can I give the particular service a higher prioroity with the CPU ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You and Regards
    Andy.

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

It sounds like the computer is good enough, but does it have enough RAM memory? Our server was not upto it with 2GB of memory. 4GB fixed the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andykeen

Hi Richard.

Thanks for the info - to be honest ALL our servers go out with 4gb of ram - with the price of ram these days it would be silly not too.

So yes our server had 4gb of ram.

I am just wondering if server 2003 would be better (i.e. NOT SBS2003) - pesumably server 2003 would have less to do than SBS2003!

What do you think?

Regards
    Andy

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

That is more than plenty of Ram.

I dont like SBS and less if ISA is running. But if that is all you have spare why not run a VPC with Win7 or similar on it?

Also use task manager to see cpu and other resources when making a call.

You dont say if you are using IIS or the built in 3cx web server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. andykeen

Hi Abc.

I dislike ISA more than anything - we simply dont deploy it.

The server is pretty much doing nothing and there can still be a delay.

Also - we are using IIS - does that make a difference - I assume the system is running as windows services so why does (or does it?) - make any difference?

Regards

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

The voice is running via IIS as far as I know and so you need to go into the IIS site and change your app settings. I would especially look at the worker recycle and idle settings as the default in IIS is 20 minutes and then it goes idle. Set it for 1450 (just over 24 hrs) and you wont have the problem so much.

If you need IIS help, give me a shout and I will walk you through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.