Automated 3CX/Postgres Backup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by darrellchapman, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrellchapman

In light of my recent database corruption, I was wondering if anyone knows of an automated online backup solution for Postgres. I researched the pg_dump utility that can be run from the command prompt but that requires that you enter the DB user password when prompted. I don't think that is something that can be automated from the command prompt via a single command.

There might be a way to call the backup function in 3CX but I'm not a PHP programmer.

Any advice would be helpful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. darrellchapman

mattlandis,

Thanks for this tip too. We currently use Backup Exec 11d for tape operations but I need to find some script or something so that I can perform a D2D backup. Our nightly backup Window is quite small and the slowness of tape just doesn't cut. Not to mention that I would have to purchase another client license specifically for the 3CX machine.

I'll look in to the BESR product though. I'm hesistant though because (IMHO) Symantec products tend to be bloated with features making the product confusing to use. BESR sounds like a purely desktop backup. Is that correct?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.