• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

automated anoucments from external source

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon.gillioz

Reaction score
Hi all

i was wondering if there was a way to make the 3cx call a page ring group or extension and play a wave file to it . a bit like the play to extension in the voice mail GUI.
to clarify i m trying to make my 7940 announce events from my home automation system. i already have the extensions set to auto answer.

any help would be greatly appreciated .

your 7940's support multicast, why don't you use that with your home automation system. if you google multicast and vlc. you should be able to see what you need to do on your home automation server to send directly to the multicast port.. 3cx also supports multicast as a extension number if you are doing this sip based.

I tried googling it and am not having any luck finding any info on what ip or port the 7940s use for multicasting. How do setup multicasting on the sip side off things this would be good for paging . Thanks in advance.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/yealink-multicast-paging/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmepage.html#23778

I see they don't use the standard port ip multicast-address —(Optional) Uses an IP multicast address to multicast voice packets for audio paging; for example, 239.0.1.1. Note IP phones do not support multicast at 224.x.x.x addresses.

Never owned a cisco phone, so I am not sure where the config is.

Thanks for the help jasit
still cant find how to get the phones to listen to the multicast ip and port
think im gonna look for a sip client i can send wave files to
i think the multicast has to be setup through call manager or the switch from what i can see.
i want to stay with 3cx as its become my new love. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.