automated backups getting "stuck"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We run an automated backup daily at 8pm of
    call recordings
    voicemail
    voiceprompts
    callhistory

we wrote a batch file that first gets rid of any backup older than 5 days, then runs this.

Occasionally, the 3cxbackup.exe does not terminate when finished.

My batch file is set to terminate after 2 hours if not complete, but it seems 3cxbackup.exe stays running which doesn't allow the next backup to run the next day.

I have not yet tried rebooting as I have not had any time after hours.

Runnign Win 7 Pro on VMWare and 3cx v11 sp1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Have a look at the file count and total size of your voice recording folder - as my guess is that since you are backing up the voice recordings as well, you will be looking at an ever growing back-up file which will eventually take days to run.

My suggestion would be to leave the voice recordings out of the back-up, and make them safe using hardware RAID or by some other separate out-of-hours back-up process.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

I'll give it a shot - but honestly that is not the root of this issue. Actually, the last backup that ran successful was 11-3 @ 165mb.
    On 11-4 is stopped at 4mb. and hung which means no backup on 11-4, 11-5, 11-6 or 11-7. The 3cxbackup.exe was still running when I looked at task manager. Why would it stop at 4mb?

I am trying a manual one now without the VM - 105mb. I will let it run the next few days on its own and see what happens. In the meantime, I will see what I can do about the VM backup.

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Just to clarify ... You mention "without the VM" ... I don't think it's the voice-mail that's the issue, it's more likely to be the voice recording.

5. craigreilly

Ahh - voice recording - 1 mb. :) Nobody really uses it.
    I have made a change to my backup.bat to backup to "C" drive first, then copy the file to the "F" drive (USB).
    Seems to work a little better.

6. craigreilly

Ahh - works a lot better. No failures in 5 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.