Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

automated backups getting "stuck"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We run an automated backup daily at 8pm of
    call recordings
    voicemail
    voiceprompts
    callhistory

we wrote a batch file that first gets rid of any backup older than 5 days, then runs this.

Occasionally, the 3cxbackup.exe does not terminate when finished.

My batch file is set to terminate after 2 hours if not complete, but it seems 3cxbackup.exe stays running which doesn't allow the next backup to run the next day.

I have not yet tried rebooting as I have not had any time after hours.

Runnign Win 7 Pro on VMWare and 3cx v11 sp1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Have a look at the file count and total size of your voice recording folder - as my guess is that since you are backing up the voice recordings as well, you will be looking at an ever growing back-up file which will eventually take days to run.

My suggestion would be to leave the voice recordings out of the back-up, and make them safe using hardware RAID or by some other separate out-of-hours back-up process.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

I'll give it a shot - but honestly that is not the root of this issue. Actually, the last backup that ran successful was 11-3 @ 165mb.
    On 11-4 is stopped at 4mb. and hung which means no backup on 11-4, 11-5, 11-6 or 11-7. The 3cxbackup.exe was still running when I looked at task manager. Why would it stop at 4mb?

I am trying a manual one now without the VM - 105mb. I will let it run the next few days on its own and see what happens. In the meantime, I will see what I can do about the VM backup.

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Just to clarify ... You mention "without the VM" ... I don't think it's the voice-mail that's the issue, it's more likely to be the voice recording.

5. craigreilly

Ahh - voice recording - 1 mb. :) Nobody really uses it.
    I have made a change to my backup.bat to backup to "C" drive first, then copy the file to the "F" drive (USB).
    Seems to work a little better.

6. craigreilly

Ahh - works a lot better. No failures in 5 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.