Automated Callback Number Prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris_APDG, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_APDG

Good morning,

I would like to know if its possible to setup an automated queue that would prompt a caller who to enter their phone number for call-back if we are unable to get to their call in-time.

The scenario:

1. Customer calls in
    2. Call center is swamped
    3. After a set number of rings, the customer is prompted to either leave a enter a number to call them back or leave a voicemail

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Callback is possible in queues but it is a PRO feature only.

What you want to achieve is possible and it will require you to record a prompt for your queue.

You will have to go to the queue settings>>advanced Tab and enable Call Back option>> Triggered on users request(Press 2)

In the General Tab>> Destination if no answer section select Voicemail box for extension. Select the voicemail you want to redirect the callers.

Adjust your queue waiting times according to what you want.

In the prompt you will record, you will have to instruct the callers to press * for voicemail, 2 to request a callback or they should wait in line.

When a callers presses 2 he will hear a different prompt telling him that he requested a callback and gives him the option to change number (you can test this your self to hear the exact message).

Hope this helps

3. Chris_APDG

Thank you very much for your response.

I am new to 3CX so still learning. What do you mean by "Pro feature only"?

Is it something we have to be licensed for?

If yes, how do I check what license we have?

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Yes, there is a "Pro" and a Standard License. Check Settings -> Activate License (this way V12), maybe V14 is different.

5. Chris_APDG

Thank you very much for all your replies. We do have the Pro version so we can activate it. My question now is, what happens when it is activated? Where does that number the customer entered go? Does the PBX call the customer back when a agent is available or does it message the next available agent to call the customer?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The PBX will call the Agent first to secure that resource and only then call the callback number.

7. Chris_APDG

Thank you for your reply. I'll summarize to make sure I understand the process:

Setup:

1. In the Advanced(PRO) of my call center queue, enable callback.
    2. In offered to caller, enter a wait time.
    3. In Callback Outbound Prefix, enter our prefix, in this case *7

When a caller calls in, after the appropriate wait time, they will be prompted to enter a call-back number. Once they enter that number and hit #, the system will check for available agents and call the first available. Once that agent answers, the system will then call the customer.

Am I on the right track?

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes this is how it works. You could also give the option to the caller to ask a callback by selecting option "Triggered on user request(Press 2)" but that is up to you and how you want to handle the callback feature.

9. Chris_APDG

Thank you very much for your response. We will try and see what happens.

Have a great day!

10. klentz

I am also new to 3CX and have enabled the callback feature. I have tested it and it is functioning; however, I'm wondering if there is a way to change what the agent hears so the agent knows the system is doing a callback.

Currently, when the system is doing a callback, the agent will pick up the call and just hear hold music. Then the system will call the original caller. Is there a way that we can record a message to be played for the agent so they are fully aware of what to say when the call is connected to the original caller?

11. Chris_APDG

Hello,

I am attempting to setup the callback feature as described above and have a question.

I have recorded a prompt saying "press 2 to leave a call back number or press * to leave a voicemail"

Where do I put that message so a customer is prompted after a set number of seconds waiting? Is that in other options?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.