Automatic Configuration of DID & Outbound CID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haydn, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haydn

Hi,

I've done a fair amount of searching, but am so far unable to find a way of getting this right.

We have 200 incoming DIDs, in the format 010 020 XXXX. Internally, we are using matching 4 digit extensions, that are the same as the last 4 digits of the incoming DID. Is there a way to automatically map this for all extensions, so that 010 020 3300 goes to extension 3300, etc? Currently, I need to manually configure this for each DID.

Secondly, I'd like to automatically map those same extensions to outgoing caller ID, so that if extension 3333 initiates a call, the CID shows as 010 020 3333 instead of the port default. I can accomplish this if I manually configure all the outgoing caller IDs for each extension, but this is quite a mission. Is there a way to automatically map this? Or even, automatically set the outgoing caller ID when importing from active directory?

We deal with 100+ interns every 6 months, and reconfiguring their extensions each time will be quite a burden. We keep the active directory up to date, so it would be great if this could be auto mapped? Maybe there is a script or something that is run when extensions are imported, and I could modify this to set the outgoing CID?

Thank you.

2. haydn

Okay, I've played some more and managed to get the outgoing working a bit better.

When importing users from the AD, 3CX automatically sets the 4 digit extension as the outgoing CID. On the VOIP Provider's outbound parameters, I then set "From: User Part" to "OriginatorCallerID". This then allowed me to use the Outgoing CID formatting to modify the CID. I created a new outbound formatting rule:
    (....) -> 010020\1

This corrected the issue, and outbounds are now working on all extensions that have the 4 digit CID set.

Any way to map this in reverse for incoming? As in, strip the first 6 digits and use the remaining 4 to direct to the correct extension?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can create using CSV format, then import to 3CX.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/trunk-management/

This deals with an older version of 3CX, but may be of some help.

http://support.orbtalk.co.uk/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/29/11/3cx-inbound-did-setup-issues---resolution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.