Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Automatic Configuration of DID & Outbound CID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haydn, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haydn

Hi,

I've done a fair amount of searching, but am so far unable to find a way of getting this right.

We have 200 incoming DIDs, in the format 010 020 XXXX. Internally, we are using matching 4 digit extensions, that are the same as the last 4 digits of the incoming DID. Is there a way to automatically map this for all extensions, so that 010 020 3300 goes to extension 3300, etc? Currently, I need to manually configure this for each DID.

Secondly, I'd like to automatically map those same extensions to outgoing caller ID, so that if extension 3333 initiates a call, the CID shows as 010 020 3333 instead of the port default. I can accomplish this if I manually configure all the outgoing caller IDs for each extension, but this is quite a mission. Is there a way to automatically map this? Or even, automatically set the outgoing caller ID when importing from active directory?

We deal with 100+ interns every 6 months, and reconfiguring their extensions each time will be quite a burden. We keep the active directory up to date, so it would be great if this could be auto mapped? Maybe there is a script or something that is run when extensions are imported, and I could modify this to set the outgoing CID?

Thank you.

2. haydn

Okay, I've played some more and managed to get the outgoing working a bit better.

When importing users from the AD, 3CX automatically sets the 4 digit extension as the outgoing CID. On the VOIP Provider's outbound parameters, I then set "From: User Part" to "OriginatorCallerID". This then allowed me to use the Outgoing CID formatting to modify the CID. I created a new outbound formatting rule:
    (....) -> 010020\1

This corrected the issue, and outbounds are now working on all extensions that have the 4 digit CID set.

Any way to map this in reverse for incoming? As in, strip the first 6 digits and use the remaining 4 to direct to the correct extension?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can create using CSV format, then import to 3CX.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/trunk-management/

This deals with an older version of 3CX, but may be of some help.

http://support.orbtalk.co.uk/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/29/11/3cx-inbound-did-setup-issues---resolution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.