• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Automatic configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthijsolislagers

Reaction score
For example via group policy.

Sometimes users change settings by accident. I would like to auto configure the client for example through a login script or group policy.

Even deskphone/headset should be configured by this auto configure. Users cannot change the settings after the client is autoconfigured.

Hi

What type of phones are you referring to?

While 3CX have not tested such setups, a solutions would really be dependent on the phone.

For phones configured via a UI a password to the UI would give you the desired solution.

For phones like Xlite / 3CX Phone / SJ your best shot would be to set the respective INI files to read only, not allowing changes.

I'm sorry I was talking about the 3CX Voip Client. Everytime I create a new activedirectory account I have to setup the VOIP client manually becouse users are not able to. It would be a nice feature to push the configuration.

Making the INI file read only seems to me like a good solution to prevent users from changing the settings. Altrough I still think more users have this problem and would like to see something like this built in.

To be honest with you I'm not sure that there would be much demand for that feature. However, nothing is stopping you from scripting it yourself. That's exactly what I did when I needed to deploy the client to 46 workstations. After the client was installed, I edited each of their config files via a script so that they didn't need to configure it themselves. Quite easy to do if you have the right tools. Is that something you'd be interested in?

Darrell Chapman

Yes I would be interested in that.

Sorry matthijsolislagers, I meant would you like me to send you a script that I used to get this done?

Darrell Chapman

Just to add my 2p....i'd also like to see a certain amount of configuration occur via group policy or to be a config page within active directory - that would make configuration an absolute breeze (and would also allow better integration with a lot of business processes).

matthijsolislagers,

I sent you that script via e-mail but also wanted to say that you can easily convert it to a .vbs script that does run upon login.

Darrell Chapman

darrellchapman said:
To be honest with you I'm not sure that there would be much demand for that feature. However, nothing is stopping you from scripting it yourself. That's exactly what I did when I needed to deploy the client to 46 workstations. After the client was installed, I edited each of their config files via a script so that they didn't need to configure it themselves. Quite easy to do if you have the right tools. Is that something you'd be interested in?

Darrell Chapman

How did you deploy the client? Did you manully install it, or push it out with something. The reason that I ask is that we need to do this and we have SMS that we could use to push it out, but how could we do it siliently without interaction from the user?

David Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.